Mobile arm of the Taiwanese consumer electronics giant Asus has released Zenfone 2 model specific firmware to fix numerous bugs.
The new update (version: V220.127.116.11_20160107_6983(MR9.13)) is seeding to Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML). It is around 74MB in size and patches sudden phone hang-up (reported in Russia) glitch, display of wrong network name, PosteMobile NFC issue and many other bugs [check-out the full list below].
Besides fixing the bugs, the new firmware also brings new features such as Android for Work and screenshot sound settings option.
How to Install firmware update on smartphones via OTA [Over-The-Air]:
If Asus Zenfone 2 series owners get the update notifications, then they need to select -- "Yes, Download" option >> then, after downloading, select >> "Install now". The phone will restart automatically and the OS will be updated to the new version.
Since the OTA (Over-The-Air) roll-out process is carried out in phases, it will take a few weeks to reach all corners of the world.
Until then, the users can also check manually on the Zenfone 2 by going to â€“ 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System update' >> 'Check Now';
Here's the official Asus firmware update change-log list:
- Fixed video sound issue.
- Fixed Google play stop service.
- Fixed SD cards issue.
- Fixed SmartBox not read the phone issue.
- Fixed cannot control the volume of YouTube when using miracast.
- Fixed the issue of displaying wrong operator name when roaming and searching network.
- Fixed phone hang-up issue in Russia
- Fixed PosteMobile NFC issue (ZE551ML only)
- Improve ASUS ZenUI Launcher stability
- Improve Cell Broadcast stability
- Fix the failure to share Photo Collage picture via Email
- Several Apps update
- Improve power usage of Email App
- Screenshot sound settings option added
- Support Android for Work