After delay due to quality control issues, Ubisoft has released the huge patch for Assassin's Creed Unity that will bring fixes for the effected aspects of the game.
The update is said to weigh 6.7GB and will be rolling out to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms. PC users will be getting it later this week, according to Ubisoft post.
The patch makes it possible for the fixing of the remaining issues that affected the game. At its launch in November 2014 Assassin's Creed Unity had many issues. This new patch will be concentrating on, "alleviating performance issues and improving the overall experience" for the players.
"Part of the team's effort to enhance frame rate for players involves replacing and updating portions of the Paris city map where we are seeing issues," said Ubisoft on its official website.
The developer promised that the update will fix the following issues in the game:
- Performance & Stability: Frame rate drops, game crashes, lost progression
- Gameplay: Navigation, lock picking chests
- Online: Connectivity, matchmaking, companion app
Meanwhile, it has been reported that some Xbox One players are seeing 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. The patch downloading process is basically replacing the entire game instead of only the affected patch.
The company apologized on its website and said it is working on a solution to lessen the total download size to 6.7GB. However it has suggested a work-around for the same:
"Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size."
Below are the full patch notes of patch 4 for Assassin's Creed Unity (Ubisoft Forums):
Stability, Performance and Save Game
- Fixed numerous random crashes both on Campaign and Coop
- Implemented multiple optimizations and fixes to improve overall performance
- Fixed save issue caused by the companion app on the main menu (loss of data)
- Fixed save issue caused by contacts list (crash occurring). Users should now have access to save
Gameplay (navigation, fight, stealth)
- Fixed various navigation issues
- Fixed issues with lock picking chests
- Fixed additional haystack issues
Character, AI and Crowd
- Fixed various character, crowd station and NPC issues
Online, Matchmaking, Connectivity and Replication
- Fixed various matchmaking and connection issues both in matches and when starting a match.
- Fixed various issues with voice chat
- Fixed join-in-progress issues
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed issues with player rank and COOP/heist rewards
- Fixed issues with Helix credits
- Fixed issues with the My Club feature
Menus and HUD
- Fixed HUD icon issues and issues with map information
- Fixed various Initiates issues
- Fixed additional issues with notifications
Mission tweaks (campaign, coop and side content)
- Fixed various low occurrence walkthrough breaks in both Campaign and COOP
- Fixed various NPC issues
- Fixed issue with the quest log disappearing for specific side missions
World and 3D
- Fixed various collision and mesh issues
- Fixed additional issues where player would fall through the world
- Fixed specific areas where textures were missing
- Fixed crash on "Quit to Windows" in free roam mode
- Fixed crash on accepting multiple "Join the club" requests
- Fixed issues with TXAA
- Fixed issues with PCSS
- Fixed issues with textures on NPCs
- Fixed black texture issues on MSAA-4x, MSAA-8x and TXAA
- Right Control now can be assigned as a hotkey
- Minor UI fixes