Assassin's Creed fans are in for some exciting news as a Reddit user has recently leaked a couple of gameplay screenshots pertaining to the upcoming game, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'. Multiple reliable sources including Eurogamer and Insider Shinobi602 have confirmed the authenticity of the screenshots suggesting they are indeed taken from the next Assassin's Creed game currently being developed by Ubisoft.
One of the leaked gameplay screenshots (above) clearly shows a man (probably the protagonist) riding a boat with a shield, bow and arrows on his back. Following this leak, another new gameplay screenshot has surfaced online via Reddit along with plenty of gameplay details that was never heard before.
Check out the second screenshot (below) depicting the protagonist standing in front of some cave entrance in the game:
If the leaked gameplay screenshots aren't appealing enough for you, just check out the full list of leaked gameplay details (below) such as the combat elements, size of the game in comparison to Assassin's Creed 4, ancient Egypt setting, release details and more:
- The Assassin's Creed 4 team is working on this. Ashraf Ismail is likely the game director (he possibly hinted about it on Twitter just a day ago) and Darby McDevitt is likely the main writer.
- Ancient Egypt, supposedly in the Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom (2494 to 2345 BC) if we go by the recent picture leak.
- The character has a shield, a spear and a bow (as seen in both screenshots).
- The game will feature naval gameplay (not naval combat though) and horse gameplay. Mirages are likely a part of the game as well.
- Someone in the game will be called "The Crocodile" (in the first leaked screenshot, we can easily read the mission headline, it reads: Assassinate the Crocodile).
- There will be smaller gameplay segments taking place in the same setting but different time periods. Perhaps this will be the modern day segments? Darby did say a long time ago the best way to do a modern day is to reuse the historical assets in a modern context, akin to Brotherhood.
- Interiors are in the game
- Combat is supposedly 'freeform', similar to The Witcher 3. In fact, the game itself has a 'Witcher' feel to it.
- The world is seamless. You can go from water to land to the city without a loading screen.
- Ubisoft will start their marketing campaign by the end of this month, with a full reveal at E3, including cinematic and gameplay trailers and gameplay demos.
- Desmond Miles will NOT be in the game.
- There will be a controllable pet eagle. I imagine this will be an interactive version of eagle vision.
- The game is roughly 3 times the size of Assassin's Creed 4.
- It will likely release in October 2017 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Not on Nintendo Switch
- The graphics and visuals are said to be very colorful, as evident somewhat in the picture.
- The game features Khenut, the Queen of Egypt during the Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom, and is the wife of King Unas.
- The game will release on PS4, Xbox One and PC. It will NOT release on the Nintendo Switch