A new Android v4.4.2 KitKat SpiritROM custom software has been made available to the Samsung's 2011 flagship phone Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
The new custom ROM is based on the v4.4.2 KitKat customizable clock & date (by SlimRoms), navbar and navring (AOKP), battery icon, ribbons v2 (by AOKP), active display, gesture anywhere, identicons, custom progress bar, LCD screen density changer, screen recorder, Wakelock blocker, Glowpad Torch and many more.
Pre-requisite (things to remember before the installation of custom ROM in the smartphone):
- Though custom ROM gives unrestricted powers (options) to the device, it is a two-edged sword- once installed, smartphone company's warranty stands void and will no longer be liable for future updates [warranty can be restored simply by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This custom ROM has to installed only on Samsung Galaxy S2 model GT-I900 [To check your model: Go to Settings >> About device >> model number ]
- Rooting of devices leads to complete data wipe out, so make sure to back all the data.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC to connect your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- One of the main pre-requisite before installing custom ROM is that the phone must be rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery / TWRP.
- Make sure your smartphone has more than 80-percent battery.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) of Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if smartphones get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step installation procedure of Android v4.4.2 KitKat SpiritROM Custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100):
Step 2: Connect Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to PC via USB chord. [Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure you have installed USB driver software, if not, click here to download USB driver]
Step 3: Then, place Android v4.4.2 SpiritROM zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [User are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 4: Now turn-off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering ClockworkMod Recovery mode, perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors ]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Again repeat the same procedure to install Gapps (Google Apps) file [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-boot the device opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Galaxy S2 GT-I900) will take minimum five minutes to complete booting process. Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of custom firmware Android 4.4.2 KitKat SpiritROM.
[Credits: Team Android]