After releasing Android 7.0 Nougat update for Huawei Honor 8 in several markets last month, the new operating system is finally coming to India. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer has announced that beta phase of the firmware is over and a public roll out is set to begin.
"Honor 8 with Nougat and Emui 5.0 is open to users in India now. FRD- L02C675B310 became open to public a week ago. The same version will be available to all users in batches by end of February," said Huawei in a blog post.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on your device via OTA:
- Android 7.0 Nougat download notification will appear on your phone screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 7.0 Nougat will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.
Huawei Honor 8 was released in July last year with Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based EMUI v4.1 operating system. It features a 5.2-inch full HD LTPS LCD screen with 1,920x1,080p (423 ppi Pixel density), a Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 950 processor, 3GB/4GB RAM and a 32GB/64GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB.
It also has a 12MP dual-camera with 6P lens, f/2.2 aperture, laser autofocus and dual-tone LED flash, an 8MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture, and a 3,000mAh battery with fast charging technology.