Users of OnePlus X now have lots to cheer about as the official Android 6.0.1 OS update rollout could happen in the very near future. This is due to OnePlus officially releasing the OxygenOS 3.1.0 community preview build that is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS update.
The official announcement of the OxygenOS 3.1.0 community preview build is an indicator about the imminent rollout of the full public release of Android 6.0.1-based OxygenOS update builds.
OnePlus has also revealed the list of new features and changes that users can expect with the Android 6.0.1-based build. OnePlus X can check for these new aspects upon installation:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system
- Launcher upgrades comprising of New icon packs, a new wallpaper picker and Google search bar UI customization
- Shelf interface improvements that include the ability to long press boards for rearranging and removing
- Changes to Settings including new native Android app permissions and new Alert Slider settings with increased customization
- New applications; which are OnePlus Gallery and a OnePlus Music Player
- Incorporation of August 1 security fixes
For those attempting to flash the OxygenOS 3.1.0 community build, performing factory reset is mandatory if other recovery modes are used and while porting from other ROMs. The OxygenOS 3.1.0 community build is available for download from here.