Google's LG Nexus 5 has received Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA (Over-The-Air) update. The new version of the firmware has been rolled out to the Nexus series a few days after Android One devices got it.
Google Nexus 5 was one of the first devices to receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow, so it didn't come as a surprise when it got latest version of the firmware. It is still not known if other Google devices like Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9 and Nexus Player have received it.
The new version measuring 96.3 MB improves performance and stability, and fixes bugs. However, it may be noted that "downloading updates over a mobile network or while roaming may cause additional charges."
How to instal Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via OTA on your Google Nexus 5 device:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your Google Nexus 5 device screen
- Press "Download" button
- You may be asked to connect your device to a charger if battery is running low
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to â€“ 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.