Superstar Aamir Khan turns 50 on 14 March. Mr Perfectionist has given his 30 years to the film industry and still continues to serve.
Khan, who will celebrate his 50th birthday on Saturday, have always managed to treat his fans with blockbuster films every Christmas. From "Ghajini" to "3 Idiots" to "PK", Khan's films, which were released during the year-end, were the highest grossers of those years. However, he made his Bollywood debut as a child artiste in his uncle Nasir Hussain's film "Yaadon Ki Baaraat" (1973).
Though, the latest Rajkumar Hirani directorial "PK" landed itself in several controversies, the story and his performance pulled itself out of all negative reviews.
Interestingly, this year the trio Khans – Aamir, Shah Rukh, Salman – will turn 50. Reportedly, Aamir's wife Kiran Rao has planned something special for her husband's birthday.
On "Dhoom 3" villain's birthday, let's take a look at a few lesser-known facts about his life.
- The actor was very active in sports during his growing years and was also the state tennis champion from Maharashtra.
- Aamir Khan hates to take shower or bath. It is said that the actor was too pleased when he was asked not to take bath for a few days to get into his tapori character in "Ghulam."
- Madame Tussauds in London which has wax statues of top Bollywood actors like SRK, Aishwarya, Big B, Hrithik Roshan approached Aamir as well. But the actor turned down the offer saying, "It's not important to me... people will see my films if they want to. Also, I cannot deal with so many things, I have bandwidth only for that much."
- Aamir loves food. Once, Kiran Rao said in "Koffee With Karan" that her husband eats almost everything if he is not dieting.
- The "Mangal Pandey" actor inherits the blood of a freedom fighter family as he is related to Abdul Kalam Azad.
Check out the above slideshow of Aamir Khan's different looks in his films.