Pokemon Go has become an international sensation overnight with the young and old alike getting hooked to it. Apart from reports of a few mishaps, including gamers falling off cliffs while playing the game, mobile phone battery has become an issue. The game eats up the battery life, forcing people to stop in the middle of the adventure.
Gamers can turn to power banks and battery case for alternative but it is not very convenient to carry them around. So, here are five simple steps to save battery life of your device and play Pokemon Go for longer time:
1) Pokemon Go battery saver: The game has battery saver feature, so one can turn it on by going to settings on top right of the screen. The handset will turn black when it is hold upside down but vibration will alert users when something new happens.
2) Turn off augmented reality (AR): The background will turn dull when AR is turned off but it reduces consumption of battery tremendously and makes the task of catching Pokemon easier. To turn off AR, go to the upper right corner of the screen when a Pokemon appears.
3) Phone battery saver: It is a good way to save battery but it will limit location services, which means one may come across lesser number of PokeStops and Pokemon. To enable this feature on Android devices, go to Settings > Battery > Battery saver, and for iPhone, go to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode.
4) Display: Reducing the brightness of the screen is a simple way to safe battery. To adjust brightness of your phone screen, go to Settings > Display.
5) Disable features: Gamers can turn off music, sound effects and vibration if their devices are running out of battery. One can do so by tapping the Poke Ball and then Settings on top right.
Nintendo's Pokemon Go was released in the United States, Australia and New Zealand on July 6 before spreading to the UK, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Canada. It is expected to be released in about 200 countries, including India, very soon.
The popular augmented reality mobile game is compatible only to Android and iOS devices.