"19 Kids and Counting" star Josh Duggar, who is currently embroiled in a controversy for abusing minor girls as a teen, released a statement on Thursday apologising for the act.
And now, new details have emerged of how the victims broke down in tears while being interviewed by police. One victim told investigators that Josh touched the breasts of a babysitter, an act that he later confessed to doing, reported Radar Online.
Another told officials that Josh "pulled up a dress" saying there was a hole in it and when the girl was wearing pants under the dress he "pulled them down" and touched her "private" area.
Although the incident took place in 2002 and 2003, Duggar patriarch Jim Bob did not report his son's act to the police until 2006. The patriarch told police officials that there were numerous instances when his son touched minor girls inappropriately.
Reportedly, one victim approached Jim Bob in March 2002 saying that Josh had been "sneaking" into her room at night and "touching" her "on the breasts and vaginal areas" while she was sleeping. The victim said this happened at least five times.
Four months later, Josh was accused of fondling the breasts of another minor female, and in March of 2003, Josh was in a chair in the living room and "touched inappropriately" a younger female "on her breasts and vaginal area," reported Radar.
Josh is said to have sexually assaulted at least five female minors as a teen.
Soon after the news of Josh's dark past emerged, fans called for TLC to cancel the family's reality show, and Discovery Communications said in a statement they have "pulled all episodes of '19 Kids and Counting' currently from the air."
"We are deeply saddened and troubled by this heartbreaking situation, and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims at this difficult time," the statement ended.
However, TLC has not cancelled the show entirely, and sources told Radar Online that "no final decision has been made" about the fate of the show.