Apple has released its new operating system, iOS 9, and its upgraded versions iOS 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 to its devices -- iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad – but it seems to have troubled some users as it drains out battery.
Owners of Apple devices, including the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, have been complaining of short battery life after upgrading to iOS 9, 9.0.1 and 9.0.2. There is a feature in the firmware called "Low Power Mode" that can extend battery life of a device by over two hours but it slows down processing speed and thus mars performance.
So, is there any means to improve battery life of Apple's devices without enabling there Low Power mode? Here are 10 ways to do so (especially for those who are not tech-savvy users):
1) Enable Reduce Motion and reduce UI animation by going to Settings >General >Accessibility>Reduce Motion.
2) Select 720p or 1080p instead of 4K video recording on your iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus by going to Settings> Photos and Camera>Record Video.
3) Turn off WiFi once you are out of reach, as search for WiFi connection could drain battery.
4) Disable Background App Refresh by going to Settings>General>Background App Refresh.
5) Disable untethered Hey Siri by going to Settings>General>Siri and Siri Suggestions by going to Settings>General>Spotlight Search.
6) Disable Automatic Mail Fetch option by going to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Fetch New Data.
7) Restore via iTunes by downloading the specified iOS 9.0.1 IPSW file.
8) Use a still wallpaper instead of a live photo or dynamic wallpaper by going to Settings>Wallpaper.
9) Turn off cellular data while connected to WiFi and disable automatic downloads.
10) Disable location by going to Settings>Privacy>Location Services.
11) Enable auto-brightness by going to Settings>Display.
12) Turn off iCloud Keychain by going to Settings>iCloud>Keychain.