Xiaomi is continuing the popular trend of flash sales with its Redmi 2 smartphone in India. The new budget-smartphone, which has garnered nationwide-wide attention, will go on sale on March 24 exclusively via Flipkart.
Buyers must register to express interest on buying the device before the sale window opens. It goes without saying that Xiaomi Redmi 2 flash sale will last merely for a few seconds, giving a tough time to several buyers rushing to complete the purchase.
The registrations for the first Redmi 2 flash sale will close on March 23 midnight, so buyers must register themselves before that. The Chinese smartphone vendor had successful flash sales in the past for several handsets such as Redmi Note, Redmi 1S, Mi3 and Mi4, which lasted not more than a few seconds.
Redmi 2 is a budget 4G smartphone priced efficiently at Rs. 6,999. It sports a 4.7-inch HD IPS display and is powered by 1.2GHz Snapdragon 410 SoC. There's 1GB RAM and 8GB onboard storage to back up the phone, which runs on a 2,200mAh Li-Polymer battery. Redmi 2 is one of the worthiest handsets available in the market but faces stiff competition from Lenovo A6000, which has identical specs.
Xiaomi packs an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with 18 filters to cater the need of enthusiast photographers. There's also a 2MP front snapper for selfies and to carry out video calling. Users can have two SIM cards and take advantage of high-speed 4G LTE network. The Redmi 2 is based on Android 4.4 KitKat with company's proprietary MIUI 6 skin on it.
It's going to be quite a challenge to beat the rush and successfully add Xiaomi Redmi 2 to your shopping cart on the first sale but here are some tips to get you started.
- Login to your Flipkart account at least 15 minutes prior to the sale openning at 2pm on 24 March.
- Have a fast internet connection (preferably a wired one).
- Open three to four browsers and log on to Flipkart on all of them.
- Arrange all browsers to view them at a glance (Right click on the Taskbar and select "Show Windows Stacked").
- Open Redmi 2 sale page on each browser.
- Refresh the browser every 2-5 seconds when the countdown is ticking.
- Click on BUY button as it appears on all the browsers.
- First press buy on your fastest browser so there is a greater chance of adding the device to your shopping cart.
- If you have added the Redmi 2 to your cart, the tough part is over.
- Complete the transaction within eight hours.
Flipkart is Xiaomi's exclusive online retail partner and offers the legit device. The sale will open at 2PM on Tuesday, March 24. The affordable handset is priced at Rs. 6,999.