German car-maker Volkswagen's Ameo compact sedan will be launched in India in the second quarter of 2016. The Ameo, which comes from Latin word "Amo", meaning "I love" is the company's first compact sedan in India.
Volkswagen Ameo was unveiled in India in the first week of February in New Delhi and the compact sedan was also showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 in Delhi and ''Make in India'' event in Mumbai. Here is everything you need to know about the German maker's first compact sedan in India.
- Ameo is a made-in-India, made-for-India compact sedan designed and manufactured at the company's Chakan facility.
- Volkswagen Ameo will be offered in both petrol and diesel engines --1.2-litre three-cylinder MPI petrol and a 1.5-litre four-cylinder TDI diesel engine. The diesel engine is available with five-speed manual and seven-speed DSG transmissions, while the petrol engine will be available with only five-speed manual transmission.
- All variants of the Ameo will come equipped with dual front airbags and ABS as standard.
- The Ameo will come with features like cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, static cornering lights, touchscreen multimedia music system with Mirror link, iPod connectivity, and phonebook and SMS viewer.
- In India, the Ameo is e expected to have a price tag in the range of Rs 5- 8 lakh.