Usain Bolt will officially race for the final time in his career in an official event late Saturday night. The Jamaican sprinter, regarded as the greatest of all time (GOAT) in track & field athletics, will race the final lap of the men's 4x100m relay finals.
In the heats earlier in the day, the Jamaicans clocked a timing of 37.95 seconds. That may have been their season best but not the best time in the heats.
The United States of America (USA) and Great Britain (GBR) registered better timings in their heats.
Top 4 teams from the heats:
- USA: 37.70 seconds (Mike Rodgers, Justin Gatlin, BeeJay Lee, Christian Coleman)
- GBR: 37.76 seconds (Chijindu Ujah, Adam Gemili, Daniel Talbot, Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake)
- JAM: 37.95 seconds (T Tracey, Julian Forte, Micheal Campbell, Usain Bolt)
- FRA: 38.03 seconds (Stuart Dutamby, Jimmy Vicaut, Mickael-Meba, Christophe Lemaitre)
A total of eight teams have made it to the finals. Bolt, who won the bronze medal in the men's 100m finals last week, knows he has his work cut out on Saturday night. A gold medal can be the perfect dream of a finish Bolt and all his fans would ask for, but that's a bit difficult to achieve.
Teams in the final: Canada, Turkey, United States, Jamaica, France, Great Britain, China, Japan.
How team Jamaica have fared in 4x100 men's relay race with Bolt competing:
- Olympics: Gold (2012, 2016)
- IAAF World Championships: Gold (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015); Silver (2007)
- World Relay Championships: Silver (2015)
- Commonwealth Games: Gold (2014)
Usain Bolt final race schedule
- Date: August 12
- Time: 9:50 pm local time (2:20 am IST - Sunday)
- Venue: Olympic Stadium, London
Where to watch live
India: TV - Star Sports Select 2/HD 2. Live streaming - Hotstar
UK: TV: BBC. Live streaming: BBC iPlayer
USA: TV: NBCSN. Live streaming: NBC Sports Live
Canada: TV: CBC. Live streaming: CBC Player
Rest of Europe: TV: Eurosport. Live streaming: Eurosport Live
Africa: TV: Supersport. Live streaming: Supersport online