Ever since the release of Battlefield 4, the first-person shooter (FPS) video game by developer DICE, back in October, the game has suffered several bug issues.
The game - released for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One - was marred by several bugs, glitches and crashes across all platforms. Though DICE and publisher EA took stock of it and released numerous patches and fixes, the title still has numerous problems. This has left users of the game frustrated and disappointed since Battlefield 4 is a popular series since 2002, with 11 games and 12 expansion packs.
The number of fixes and bugs it had to deal with this time promted DICE to stop all other future works and concentrate on the game
"While some platforms have had only minor problems, others have had more than their fair share of issues. Resolving the launch issues is our no. 1 priority. In fact, we are so serious that we have the entire team working to stabilize the game and we will not move on to other projects until we are sure that Battlefield 4 meets - and exceeds - your expectations. It is the right thing to do," said Karl Magnus Troedsson, CEO, DICE in a blog post.
Below is the list of issues and other problems faced by players in Battlefield 4 (Forum - Top Issues Tracker):
1. One-hit kill bug where players sometimes take damage twice from the same bullet - Fixed
2. Bug accounting for a quarter of the crashes on PS4 - Fixed
3. Bug accounting for a majority of crashes on next-gen/PC - Fixed
4. Loss of SP progress that can happen after quit and restart on PS4 - Fixed
5. Incorrect matchmaking on Xbox One - Fixed
6. EMP blur effect - Fixed
7. Game Mode ribbons are counted twice - Fixed
8. 4X damage from miniguns when using Defensive specialization - Fixed
9. Players sometimes get stuck in kill cam after revive - Fixed
10. Players sometimes get stuck in revive screen - Fixed
11. Server browser filters are not fully functioning - Fixed
12. Players sometimes become spectators while still alive in Defuse mode - Fixed
13. The 'Sound Loop Crash' - Fix live on PC, fixing on Xbox One
14. Join queue disabled on consoles - Fix live on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, fixing on Xbox 360
15. Squad spawn sometimes positions you under the terrain - Fixing
16. Desynchronized game world where objects have different states for different players - Investigating
17. Bug accounting for a large amount of crashes on X360 - Investigating
18. Hit markers and crosshairs sometimes disappear - Investigating
19. Rubber banding issues for some players with solid Internet connections - Investigating
20. Some instances of no hit effects and no damage to opponent in your sights - Investigating
21. Damage received is sometimes delayed by a few frames - Investigating
22. Sudden frame rate drops during certain in-game events - Investigating
23. Class-action lawsuit on violation of Securities Exchange Act of 1934
24. Another investigation started recently to check if EA followed Security Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosure laws and rules regarding the game's issues.
25. Banned in China due to risk to its national security after the release of 'China Rising' DLC pack