India's Got Talent
A fire stunt for "India's Got Talent" claims youth's life in Hyderabad. Pictured: Official logo of "India's Got Talent"

A 19-year-old boy from Hyderabad died April 7, after suffering serious burns while practising fire stunts for a reality show. Mohammed Jalaluddin, a student of intermediate, was practising a few fire stunts in Falaknuma area in the old city of Hyderabad to participate in "India Got's Talent" show, according to reports.

On Thursday, Jalaluddin went to his aunt's house and borrowed a bottle of kerosene to perform stunts. He consumed kerosene and spewed fire from his mouth while his friends were recording the stunt to send it to the reality show. Later, he along with his friends went to an open ground to perform another stunt

"He along with his two friends then went atop a hill to perform another stunt. He poured kerosene on his T-shirt and lit it. He, however, could not remove the T-shirt and sustained the burns," Assistant Commissioner of Police M.A. Bari told IANS.

Locals heard his cries and came to the venue. They immediately doused the flames and rushed him to the Osmania General Hospital, where he died Monday. Jalaluddin sustained 60 percent burns, as he was not able to take off his T-shirt during his second stunt.

Jalaluddin's parents were not aware about his wish to participate in the reality show "India's Got Talent." Before his death, he told relatives about the message he received from the reality show.

"What I have come to know from his friends is Jalaluddin wanted to participate in 'India Got's Talent and the organisers asked to send a video through WhatsApp," Osman, the uncle of the deceased, told the Hindu.

Jalaluddin in his dying declaration told police that he is solely responsible for the incident and no one else is to be blamed for it, IANS reported.