"Star Wars Battlefront" users are scheduled to get May update from Sledgehammer Games, bringing them bug fixes and other general updates to PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The new update will be released on May 3.
The developer shared the May update release schedule in a post on its official Forums:
PC: 7:00 a.m. UTC (11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 a.m. ET)
PlayStation 4: 9:00 a.m. UTC (1:00 a.m. PT / 4:00 a.m. ET)
Xbox One: 11:00 a.m. UTC (3:00 a.m. PT / 6:00 a.m. ET)
Sledgehammer also mentioned that it "does not foresee any extended downtime" for the update's release.
Meanwhile, Sledgehammer, in another of its posts, has also shared the patch notes for the May update on the devices.
Here are the General notes of the new update. For full patch notes click here:
- Added a system which allows players to see if an enemy currently has a charge card active by adding an icon above the enemies' health bar.
- PC: Made it so that combat roll triggers on press, and not on release.
- PC: Pressing enter will now open the chat channel.
- Vehicles: Resolved an issue which would make players invincible after attempting to enter a vehicle.
- Vehicles: A timer has been added to Imperials exiting vehicles. Before they could instantly leave certain vehicles.
- Vehicles: Increased the time to enter a speeder bike from 0.3 to 0.5s.
- Combat Roll: Performing a melee attack at the same time as a combat roll will no longer break the animation.
- Combat Roll: Resolved an issue in which players couldn't see another player performing a combat roll.
- Combat Roll: There's now a 1.5s cooldown.
- Deluxe Edition: Resolved an issue in which the upgraded version of Ion Torpedo was awarded instead of the regular version.
- General: Various tweaks to the auto balance and matchmaking systems.
- General: Updated various error messages used in game.
- General: Updated the localisation to resolve various text bugs.
- General: Resolved various clipping issues.
Moreover, on May 4, Star Wars Day, "Star Wars Battlefront" is expected to get:
- Log-In Reward
- New Hutt Contract
- Origin Free Trial
Players with Origin accounts will be able to play "Star Wars Battlefront" for free with different maps, game modes and missions in the game. The four-hour limit is cumulative playtime and can be stretched over several sessions, PC Gamer reported.
Apart from the "Star Wars Battlefront," the "Star Wars: The Old Republic" video game will also get some interesting freebies, like access to the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion, the M4-I6 Zakuulan Astromech Droid in-game pet and double XP from May 3-10.