Serena Williams celebrates her 34th birthday on 26 September, 2015 (Saturday). Popularly called as the queen of the court, Serena is not just a 21-time Grand Slam winner, but she is also known for her sense of fashion. In fact, the tennis pro also showcased her hit collection at the recently held New York Fashion Week.
So what if she lost the US open, we still think the champion had a great year. And we wish the tennis star a very happy birthday and celebrate the day with a list of interesting facts about Serena, her dating history and best bikini moments.
Presently, Serena Williams is rumoured to be dating rapper Aubrey Graham aka Drake. The two have been spotted getting cosy at various occasions and on dinner dates. In fact, the rapper is usually seated in the audience and is seen cheering the player during all her matches. Before Drake, Serena was dating/rumoured-to-be-dating tennis player Grigor Dimitrov; tennis coach Patrick Mouratoglou; basketball players Corey Maggette and Amar'e Stoudemire; actors Gregory Michael, Columbus Short, Common, Jackie Long and Hosea Chanchez; footballer Keyshawn Johnson and film director Brett Ratner
Serena Williams used to be very self-conscious about her body, but media has tagged her as the bikini-loving tennis champ. In fact, the Wimbledon ace has had her share of beach moments.
CLICK HERE to view Serena William's best bikini moments.
Interesting facts: Here are a few things about Serena Williams that will surprise you.
- Serena was a voice on the Playhouse Disney show Higglytown Heroes.
- She appeared in the music video of "I Want You" by the American rapper Common in 2007. She featured alongside Alicia Keys and Kanye West.
- Serena, along with her sister Venus Williams, has appeared in the "Simpsons" episode "Tennis the Menace".
- She owns a small stake in the Miami Dolphins franchise. Jimmy Buffett, Gloria and Emilio Estefan, Marc Anthony, Jennifer Lopez and Stephen Ross are the others owners.
- She loves listening to Mariah Carey and Brandy.
- Dogs hold the top spot in Serena Williams' heart, but other than dogs, she loves tigers too.
- A must-have in her kitchen is the toaster oven.
- When not practicing or on the field Serena Williams enjoys watching movies and football, reading, acting, talking on the phone, spending time with family and friends.
- Her hunger-fix after a tedious workout to replenish protein and carbs is a Gatorade bar.
- The strangest thing in her gym bag is Opi Nail Polish.
- The author she loves reading is Maya Angelou.
- Serena's new home is said to be "a European-style villa designed by a San Francisco architect with plans for trophy, purse and karaoke rooms."
- The song on her phone's playlist she is embarrassed to admit is "MMMBop" by Hanson.
- Tubing is Serena's favourite water sport.
- Serena has appeared on all of these hit shows, for better or worse: ER, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, The Bernie Mac Show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, MADtv, Punk'd, and America's Next Top Model.
- Rome is tennis champion's favourite city in the world.
- She can catch a flying ball of gelato in her mouth.
- Other than tennis, gymnastics is the sport she loves to watch.
- She appeared in an infomercial, hosted by Vanessa Williams, for "Proactiv Solution" acne medication.
- She is one of the few tennis stars to have an IMDB profile page.