Samsung Galaxy S5 Exynos variant has finally started receiving the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update in India after a long wait. The company has already seeded the firmware to the Qualcomm Snapdragon version of the 2014 flagship handset.
According to SamMobile, the update will take the firmware version to G900HXXU1CPE6. It went on to say that the firmware will come through Samsung's Smart Switch software for PCs.
It may be mentioned that the Galaxy S5 came running Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system when it was launched in 2014 before being upgraded to Android Lollipop last year. The new firmware update brings features like Doze, Now on Tap, Runtime Permissions and Google Now on Tap to the device.
The South Korean technology giant has already rolled out the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update to several devices like the Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Sport, Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy A9.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow to Samsung Galaxy S5 Exynos variant:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your phone screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.