An updated CarbonROM firmware version has been made available to the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini 4G-LTE.
The new CarbonROM software is based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 5.1.1 Lollipop OS. It is said to be stable and come with advanced reboot menu, stock Android visual options and performance tweaks to enhance the user-experience on Galaxy S4 Mini.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void; the company will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- The new CarbonROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM firmware has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE variant (GT-I9195)- models only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Make sure that you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your device (Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195) will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted midway.
[Disclaimer:This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
CarbonROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195: HERE
Google Apps: HERE
Tutorial: Step-by-step guide to install CarbonROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE model (GT-I9195)-
Step 1: After downloading the CarbonROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM files in to your PC; connect Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE (for GT-19195) to download the firmware]
Step 2: Place CarbonROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 3: Turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 4: Perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 5: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 6: Clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 7: Go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 8: Come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 9: Tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure again to install the Google Apps. [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 10: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now your device (Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users can then head to 'Settings' >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of CarbonROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]