Rocket League, the physics-based soccer video game from developer Psyonix, received a new patch 1.12. This patch brings a new ban system in online play and adds several bug fixes.
Patch 1.12 sees the addition of a new ban system for the players indulging in modification, which lets them gain unfair advantage in the online play.
This patch also adds numerous bug fixes in the game namely the Skill Rating calculation, Ranked Reconnect popup appearing wrongly during gameplay, proper labelling of competitive games, issue of Ballcam asking to be enabled or disabled in the post game screen.
Some bug fixes are specific to PS4 and they let the player view old replay files and bring back Text Chat keybinding to Controls menu.
The patch notes also highlighted some PC-specific issues where the party members were incorrectly displayed on the main menu, graphical hitches in large Steam Friend Lists and so on.
Rocket League is currently available for PC and PS4. The company announced that it is also rolling out for Xbox One on Feb. 17.
Below are the full patch notes for the update 1.12 (Psyonix):
- Implemented ban system for players who alter game files to give unfair advantage in online play
- Multiple outstanding bugs have been fixed
Changes and Updates
- Implemented automatic timed matchmaking ban system associated with players who delete content from their game files to avoid competitive matchmaking in certain arenas.
- Skill Rating calculation has been fixed on the League Rankings screen and now accurately reflects your MMR
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ranked Reconnect popup to appear improperly during gameplay
- Fixed an issue that caused players to lose input in the Muting menu
- Competitive games are now properly labeled on the in-game score card
- Players will no longer incorrectly appear to be in a party on the scoreboard
- Fixed an issue that allowed Ballcam to be enabled/disabled erroneously in the post game screen
- (PS4) Players can once again view their old replay files
- (PS4) Text Chat keybinding has returned to the Controls menu
- (PC) Fixed an issue that displayed party members cars incorrectly in the main menu
- (PC) Fixed an issue with how the Max FPS slider capped frame rate
- (PC) Fixed an issue causing users with large Steam Friend Lists to experience graphical hitches