Muslims across the world will begin fasting from 18 June to observe the holy month of Ramadan.
Ramadan, also known as Ramzan, is the ninth month of the Islamic Calendar. On this occasion, Muslims fast for a month, from sunup to sundown.
Here are some tips that one should know about while fasting during Ramadan:
- First and foremost, consult a doctor to know if you have any health issue as fasting may make it worse.
- As breakfast is believed to be the most important meal of the day, so skipping Suhoor (pre –dawn meal) is a very bad idea.
- Again, do not overeat during dinner as it may harm your digestion process. Thus, balance your diet during Iftar (dinner).
- Try to relax by limiting your physical activity.
- It is advisable to avoid fried or any food product that has a lot of sugar and salt.
- Last but not the least, get enough sleep.