Rainbow Six Siege will be receiving a new update 1.1 on 16 December, 2015. Ubisoft, which is the game's developer and publisher, has given a detailed account of update 1.1 via patch notes on its official forum.
Sharing its "excitement" of releasing the patch notes of the first update on the forum, it reassured players that with every update, the game will see improvements.
The new update will be rolling out to PC, PS4 and Xbox One. The players of the PC version of the game will have to close the game, update and then re-launch it, if they receive [3-0x80030081] IncompatibleCustomClientVersion message during the maintenance.
This update will add Visual update to the game's PC version with the DLC Ultra-HD Texture Pack (currently available for free on Steam and Uplay). It will see a new visual fidelity allowing the game to play out in 4K resolution.
It noted that players with 4GB GPU will be able to enjoy the pack with 1080p to 1440p resolutions, and those with the 6+ GB GPUs will be able to play it in 4K resolution with Ultra-HD textures under standard lighting and shading options. Those with MEGA PCs with dual GPUs and more than 6 GB of video RAM will be able to run 4K with the Ultra-HD textures.
The update will be adding a new auto-kick feature meant for intentional team killers. The developer noted that it has set some parameters that will differentiate accidental team killing and intentional killing. This will also hold true for intentional hostage killing. This feature will "cause an automatic kick of a griefer within a match."
The update also brings fixes to Pawn rotation latency, Shield positioning while rappelling, hooting and moving while rappelling and Kill cam replication issues.
It will update the server tick rate for PC. The developer noted that it is working on the "connection to wrong data centre."
The update will also be improving the player comfort by increasing the amount of characters in chatbox from 32 to 128 characters. The game will also see Glaz scope visibility enhanced and fine-tuning the filter to reduce the glow and improving the overall visibility and contrast.
Below are the patch notes for update 1.1 (Ubisoft Forums):
- New Content & Features
- Visual Update
- DLC Ultra-HD Texture Pack now available for PC Players
- Community Health
- Implemented an auto-kick feature for intentional team killers
- General Tweaks & Improvements
- Hit Registration
- Fixed bugs on replication and kill cam:
- Pawn rotation latency
- Shield positioning while rappelling
- Shooting and moving while rappelling
- Kill cam replication issues
- Updated server tick rate for PC (intermittent & temporary)
- Playlist Changes
- PvP - Ranked playlist HUD has been synced with the Casual playlist
- Renamed Minimal HUD to Hardcore HUD
- Ranked Matchmaking Improvements
- Increased reliability of end-game skill rank updates.
- The penalty for abandoning a ranked game in progress has been temporarily reduced to 8 minutes.
- Skill rank icon is now displayed on the game's main screen, next to your level.
- Other Matchmaking Improvements
- PvP & PvE matchmaking bug fixes
- PvP - Reduced time to detect Defenders outside from 5 seconds to 2 seconds.
- PvE - Reduced the maximum number of White Masks and reduced wave sizes in Terrorist Hunt - Disarm Bomb.
- Player Comfort
- Increased the amount of characters available in the chatbox from 32 characters to 128 characters.
- Glaz scope visibility enhanced.
- Top Community Raised Bug Fixes
- Gameplay fixes
- Level Design fixes
- Online Flow fixes
- Visual fixes
- UI fixes
- Miscellaneous fixes