After the recent wild card entry of Kanwaljeet Singh, international contestant Priya Malik has entered the "Bigg Boss 9" house.
The popular name from the 2014 Australian version of the controversial show "Big Brother" has entered as the fourth wild card contestant in the show.
A sneak peek video highlighted the prelude to the show's nomination episode, in which the fourth wild card contestant grilled the housemates and got them involved in the nomination procedure.
It seems the 28-year-old schoolteacher and aspiring stand-up comedian is expected to spice up the ongoing season of "Bigg Boss".
Take a look at some lesser-known facts about Malik:
- The comedian is a high school teacher in Adelaide. She also writes poetry and was the South Australia State finalist for the Australian Poetry Slam in September 2013.
- She made her way up to Adelaide Comedy, which brings the world's funniest stand-up comedians together.
- Settled in Australia, Malik was born and brought up in Dehradun and got her English Honours degree from Delhi University.
- Malik was popularly known as the "Posh Spice" of the "Big Brother Australia" house.
- She will be a tough competition to other contestants in "Bigg Boss 9" house as she is experienced in this reality show format. She was among the five finalists on the Australian show.
- Malik became quite famous in that show, especially when she sacrificed everyone's meal for an entire week for her own benefit.
- Like Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Malik too became the victim of racist and sexist abuse in the "Big Brother" house.
- Priya is married to her long-time boyfriend Bhushan Malik.