Pope Francis is all set to visit the United States on a six-day tour after staying four days in Cuba. He arrives in Washington DC, on Tuesday before visiting New York and Philadelphia.
The 78-year-old head of Catholic Church, which has a population of over 1.2 billion, will visit the White House, address a joint session of the Congress, lead a multi-religious service at 9/11 Memorial and Museum, and the World Trade Center site on his first trip to America.
Here is the TV guide, live streaming information and complete schedule of the Pope in the USA:
Tuesday, 22 September:
- 4pm - arrival at Joint Base Andrews, Washington, DC.
Wednesday, 23 September:
- 9: 15am - visit to the White House, to meet President Barrack Obama
- 11am - tour of 15th Street, Constitution Avenue, 17th Street NW, the Ellipse and the National Mall
- 11:30am - canonization mass of Junipero Serra at Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
Thursday, 24 September (Washington, DC, and New York):
- 9:20am - address joint session of Congress (Live stream at Speaker)
- 11:15am - visit to St. Patrick in the City to bless and speak to clients and homeless who gather for lunch provided by St. Maria Meals Program of Catholic Charities.
- 4pm - at Joint Base Andrews set off for New York
- 5pm - arrival at John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York
- 6:45pm - Evening Prayer (vespers) at St. Patrick's Cathedral (to be live streamed on Saintpatrickscathedral)
Friday, 25 September (New York):
- 8:30am - address to the United Nations General Assembly and interaction with United Nations staff (to be live streamed at UNWEB TV)
- 11:30am - leadmulti-religious service at 9/11 Memorial and Museum, World Trade Center
- 4pm - to meet students of Our Lady Queen of Angels School, East Harlem
- 5pm - greet New Yorkers at Central Park
- 6pm - mass at Madison Square Garden
Saturday, 26 September (New York and Philadelphia):
- 8:40am - at John F. Kennedy International Airport to leave for Philadelphia
- 9:30am - arrival at Atlantic Aviation, Philadelphia
- 10:30am - mass at Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul, Philadelphia. The Mass is for local parishioners and those with personal invitations.
- 4:45pm - expected to meet public at Independence Mall
- 7:30pm - visit to the Festival of Families on Benjamin Franklin Parkway where Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli and Colombian pop star Juanes will perform
Sunday, 27 September (Philadelphia):
- 9:15am - private meeting with cardinals, bishops, and seminarians at St. Martin's Chapel, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
- 11am - visit to Philadelphia's largest prison Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility and meet with inmates, families and prison staff
- 4pm - mass for the conclusion of the World Meeting of Families
- 7pm - interaction with organizers, volunteers and benefactors of the World Meeting of Families
- 8pm - departure for Rome