Nicki Minaj celebrates her 33rd birthday on 8 December, 2015 (Tuesday). The American songwriter and rapper, best known for her hits like "Starships" and "Anaconda", has never let anything overshadow her confidence. Be it a wardrobe malfunction or a social media spat, Nicki has always managed overcome all of it with some brilliant music she makes.
Nonetheless, it looks like Nicki Minaj loves controversy, and drama just follows her everywhere. Most recently, she has been in the news after her brother got arrested on child rape charges and before that for getting involved in a feud between her beau Meek Mill and Drake.
On her birthday, we thought of taking a look back at some of the most controversial moments of Nicki Minaj's life.
- 2010: Minaj stirred a huge controversy when she pulled the biggest prank by announcing she had married rapper Drake in a secret ceremony.
- August 2011: Minaj's breasts slipped out from her low-cut top during a performance on "Good Morning America".
- 2012: She managed to irk various Catholic groups when she walked down the red carpet at the Grammys dressed as the Pope. And to add to this, she even performed exorcism of her alter ego during the show.
- 2015: Minaj got into a feud with Miley Cyrus after she tweeted that the music industry is out for praising white performers over their black peers. Cyrus, who hosted this year's MTV Video Music Awards, dismissed the remarks as "not polite", leading to an awkward showdown at the awards show.
- 2015: Nicki Minaj's wax model at Madame Tussaude, inspired by her very famous posture from her "Anaconda" video, was violated by many visitors, and many even posted some racy pictures with the "bootylicious" statue all over the Internet.
Well, so much for the controversies, but the rapper has always made headlines for her Instagram photos as well.
Finally, all said and done, nothing beats Nicki Minaj music. Here are some of her best songs.
- Bang Bang
- Super Bass
- Hey Mama
- The Night is Still Young
- Va Va Vroon
- Beauty and a Beat
- Girl on Fire