Toyota is expected to launch the new iteration of the Fortuner SUV in India on November 7 and the preparations to welcome the new offering is well underway in the country. As the auto lovers in the country zealously wait to be at the wheels of the new Fortuner, we here list the important things that you should not miss about the SUV.
- From a visual stand point, although the new Fortuner looks lot more like the previous model, there are certainly some elements that make the new model different from the other one. In its new avatar, Fortuner will get bi-xenon LED projector headlamps with daytime running lights (DRLs) and revised front and rear bumpers.
- Coming to the engine part, the new Fortuner is likely to be a 2.8-litre GD diesel and a 2.7-litre petrol engines under the hood. While the diesel variant will generate a power of 175bhp, the petrol mill will be tuned to pump in 158bhp of power. In the international markets, Fortuner is sold with a 2.4-litre GD and 2.8-litre GD diesel engines. While the 2.4-litre 2GD-FTV diesel unit develops 148bhp and 400Nm of torque, the 2.8-litre 1GD-FTV unit churns out 175bhp and 450Nm of torque.
- As far as the features in the new Fortuner are concerned, it will come with 7-inch T-Connect infotainment system, reverse camera, electrically adjustable driver's seat and cruise control and the safety will be taken care of by ABS (anti-lock Braking system) with EBD (electronic brake- force distribution), brake assist, TRC (traction control), HAC (hill-start assist control) and seven airbags.
- The Fortuner SUV is likely to be priced over Rs 30 lakh in India. The bookings for the new Fortuner are already open in the country and the delivery is likely to begin in November.
- In India, the new Fortuner will take on the likes of Chevrolet Trailblazer, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and Ford Endeavour.