Auto lovers in India have heard plenty about the upcoming premium hatchback Honda Jazz, its design elements and power plants. Although the company is yet to announce the bookings of the new models, the latest reports doing the rounds seem to be offering some clarity on how and when the new Jazz can be booked.
A new report of Indian Autos Blog claims that new Honda Jazz, which is tipped to make its market entry on 8 July, will be up for bookings around 20 June.
Six Things to Know About New Honda Jazz
- New Honda Jazz is the first in Jazz model line-up to get a diesel engine.
- The model will be offered in both petrol and diesel engine .While the petrol Jazz gets 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine that powers Amaze and Brio and can generate power of 87bhp with a torque of 110Nm at 4,800rpm, the 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor will do the duty in the diesel variants .The diesel engine that can pump 100PS of power and 200Nm torque. The petrol version would come fitted with CVT and paddle shifters.
- New Jazz, the latest contender in the premium hatchback segment, is expected to get 90% localisation and when launched the model will be pitched against Hyundai Elite i20 and Maruti Swift in India.
- New Jazz is likely to be offered in 12 variants -- 7 petrol including two automatic variants, and 5 diesel model.
- The interior of the New Jazz is likely to get dual-tone shade with features like Audio Visual Navigation (AVN), touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth, DVD/CD, USB and AUX-In connectivity, steering mounted controls and automatic climate control system.
- The new Honda Jazz is expected to make its market entry with a price tag of around ₹7.1 lakh (ex-showroom).