The new Honda Amaze is here. Japanese auto manufacturer Honda launched its new Amaze, the facelifted avatar of the compact sedan, in the domestic market on March 3.
The Amaze, which packs a host of changes both inside and outside is looking to regain its charm in the Indian market with its new avatar, after it lost sales to its competitors in its segment. Here we have rounded up everything that you need to know about the new Amaze.
- The Amaze facelift continues to be powered by the same 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol engine, tuned to churn out 87bhp and a peak torque of 109Nm, and the 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel motor that can belt out for 99bhp of power and peak torque of 200Nm. The transmission is taken care of by 5-speed manual and CVT gearboxes.
- The Amaze is the first model in its segment to get CVT unit.
- The fuel efficiency of the petrol variant of the new Amaze stands at 17.8 kmpl (MT) and 18.1 kmpl (CVT). The diesel variant of the compact sedan is tuned to return a mileage of 25.8 kmpl.
- The new Amaze comes with features like ABS with EBD, front seat belt, power foldable OVRMs, tilt steering, steering mounted audio control, height adjustable driver seat and digital AC controls.
- The new Amaze comes donned in seven exterior body shades, including the new colour of bluish titanium.
- The new Amaze comes with a price tag starting at Rs 5.29 lakh (ex showroom Delhi). Launched in 10 variants: six petrol and four diesel. The top-end variant of the Amaze has been price at Rs 8.19 lakh.
|Amaze petrol (Rs)||Amaze diesel (Rs)|
|E MT||5.29 lakh||E MT||6.41 lakh|
|S MT||5.95 lakh||S MT||7.29 lakh|
|SX MT||6.8 lakh||SX MT||7.82 lakh|
|VX MT||7.19 lakh||VX MT||8.19 lakh|
|S CVT||7.19 lakh||---||--|
|VX CVT||8.19 lakh||---||---|