2K Games, the company behind the success of NBA 2K16 a professional basketball video game, has received a new patch 4 update that was promised last week. The new patch 4 has been released on PS4 version of the video game.
2K has assured that PC and Xbox One version players will "soon" see the update, which weighs 2.4GB on PS4.
The details from the full patch notes for patch 4 reveal general, gameplay, MyCareer, MyLeague and other changes.
The update will address 'hangs' in editing/applying tattoos in the gameplay. The corruption issue on PC has been fixed and an issue in the temporary user control of the possession in 2K Cam has also been rectified.
The update will also fix a rare issue in the game that would see it hang during the Doris Burke interviews in MyPlayer. Many more such issues were resolved.
Patch 4 notes detailed on NBA 2K16 Facebook post:
- Addressed a hang that can occur when editing/applying tattoos in Edit Player.
- Resolved a bug where one or more users in a co-op game would lose control of their player at some point during the game.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that some users were seeing during online games.
- (PC) Fixed a corruption issue where some users were experiencing hangs, missing art assets, and infinite loads. Please ensure that your virus scanning software (e.g. Avast) whitelists your Steam folder/directory. This is required for new content to properly download and install.
- Closed a loophole where the pause timer would stop counting down when sitting in the 'Report Image' flow.
- Improved the user interface when applying contracts to players in MyTeam by removing the display of how many contracts the player would have IF the current card was applied.
- Fixed a case where the user accepting an online invite would sometimes skip the position selection screen in the way into matchmaking.
- Headwear should now properly unequip when attempting to do so from within the MyPark Apparel section of the store.
- The player portrait will now update when a new user is signed in on the main menu via the account picker.
- A number of other optimizations and enhancements have been made to improve the user experience.
- Teammate free throw celebration/interaction behaviors have been corrected.
- Slightly tuned down the frequency of ball collisions.
- Fixed an issue that led to a temporary loss of user control on possession changes while in the 2K Cam.
- Tuned down the frequency of missed alley-oop and putback dunks when open.
- Fixed an issue that allowed high rated post players to shoot post fadeaway 3's at a high percentage.
- Fixed a rare issue where the game would hang when Doris Burke interviews your MyPlayer at the end of the first half and/or at the end of the game.
- The correct records and rep levels will now be shown for the players on the MyPark loading screen.
- Corrected the wall and floor art for the San Antonio Spurs theme in MyCourt.
- Fixed a case where some purchased shoes were not properly appearing on the shoe racks in MyCourt.
- Resolved a hang that could occur many, many years into MyGM when entering the offseason.
- Generated players will now wear the correct color socks for away games.
- Fixed an issue where generated players were getting their free throw animations randomized every offseason.
- The Strengths/Weaknesses screen in Team Comparison should now be functioning properly once again.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (unless specifically noted otherwise).
New Locker Codes unveiled
2K has released some new Locker Codes for NBA 2K16, namely:
- Kyrie 2 Effect: 64PN3-FBVDC-VXYUH-IH88N-6VG7I
- Kyrie 2: 64PN3-FBVDC-VXYUH-IH88N-6VG7I
- Limited Dynamic Diamond Stephen Curry: AVVAO-NEK9A-RSZML-E3H00-W1WXJ
- Limited Dynamic Diamond Stephen Curry: VMC0H-IE8BN-O6LX6-5UG4R-101CL
5 Most Underrated players in NBA 2K16
NBA 2K16 has five most underatted players, according to Operation Sports, which will help players in fantasy draft in MyGM.
- Chandler Parsons, Dallas Mavericks (78 overall)
- Mo Williams, Cleveland Cavaliers (77 overall)
- Dennis Schroder, Atlanta Hawks (76 overall)
- Nicolas Batum, Charlotte Hornets (80 overall)
- Gerald Green, Miami Heat (74 overall)