NetherRealm Studios, the developers behind the popular game Mortal Kombat X, is reportedly setting right something fans were unhappy about. The developer has now proved again that it listens and respects their opinion.
Fans were not happy with the way Reptile looked; and they had demanded for the return to the klassic green skin, which the developer has brought back.
The new patch 1.05 was released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Players will now be able to play Reptile using the classic costume.
This update is free and brings in improvement in the game's balance and functionality. It also brings various fixes to the bugs in the game.
As indicated by Twitter user Takeda, the patch might also bring the character of Tanya sooner than expected to Mortal Kombat X. So, this could have compatibility patch for her, making it easier for her to be released as DLC character.
The patch is not available for PC as yet.
Below is the patch notes for version 1.05 that was shared on GameFAQs:
- CHALLENGE: Some contents have been adjusted to comply with the new version.
- MISSION: Some contents have been adjusted to comply with the new version.
- REPLAY THEATER: It is now possible to play back replay data from both the new and old version. Replay data from the old version will have their number and timestamp displayed in green text. Replays from the old version will also have "Previous ver." displayed on screen.
- All: Various characters have had their command lists, accessed from the pause menu, updated to comply with the new version.
- Corrected an issue where opponent characters could activate Blitz Shield after being hit by Potemkin's skill "I.C.P.M."
- When using a Roman Cancel during the latter part of Millia's Dust Attack and Elphelt's Jump D, a purple Roman Cancel will now activate.
- Corrected an issue where the dolphin that appears during May's skill "Applause for the Victim" disappears in an unnatural manner.
- Corrected an issue where an opponent character hit by Zato's skill "Deadman's Hand" against the edge of the stage would, in rare occasions, move to an unnatural position.
- Corrected an issue where Zato's Overdrive "Great White" would not properly activate after the animation.
- TRAINING: Corrected an issue where the stagger time for "Stagger Recovery" Lv. 2-maximum was not functioning properly.
- Player Matching: Fixed an issue where incorrect rankings would display in the lobby room and player matching rooms.
- Fixed an issue where saved match replays from the lobby room and player matching rooms would incorrectly display ranking as "Beginner".
- Player Matching: Added a "Room Dissolution" function, usable only by the room owner. Once used, it will no longer be possible to start new matches in the room.
- M.O.M: A World Dollar Shop now appears in the M.O.M Mode menu after reaching Class 5 or higher. Spending World Dollars in this shop allows the use of "Target Shuffle" above Class 5, and "Hit Rate Increase" above Class 8.
- TRAINING: Added a function where holding the Triangle button while in settings ranging from 0-100 allows quick scrolling through values.
- OPTIONS: A "Random" option has been added to "System Voice" in GAME SETTINGS.