NetherRealm Studios recently released a huge patch for its Mortal Kombat X PC version that promised to bring in performance optimization update. The update weighed 15GB and promised free Krypt Koins as a 'thank you' gesture.
The update addressed the following issues in the game:
- Optimized shaders to improve graphics performance
- Fixed an issue to prevent replays from using up too much hard drive storage space
However, since the update released on 18 April, the game has been creating problems, as pointed out by several reports and players. There are reports that the update has caused issues such as "memory leaks and lag", making the online modes unplayable.
Mortal Kombat X was released for PC on 14 April, 2015.
Reddit user Mystic87 has summarized the issues faced by players. He mentions that the online version of the game is unplayable "due to the memory leaks and the lag." He also added that the new update did not do any improvement to the game, instead "caused more bugs."
Below is the list of issues that were put together by the Reddit user:
- Fighters transitions gone after fixes (those transitions after select character, variation and stage. Fighters face off talking things and gestures before loading start. Those animations are great and add personality. Is important and they are already there. Users want it in the game please).
- Crashes caused by a critical memory leak this game has.
- PC players stats are bugged like wins/losses, etc. Because of this bug is very hard to get revenant Liu Kang and Kung Lao skins.
- High online input lag. Netcode and matchmaking need some improvement.
- Ping bars not showing to many people for connection check. Grey ping bars or never ending loading.
- PC main menu isn't updated like console (store picture, living tower picture never change).
- After last patch, some players lost their progress. Save game erased.
- We need an option to choose UI/subtitles language in the game.
- Krypt Spider Swich Lever Passage lever bug. After first visit if you don't open the door, and exit to the menu, some or all lever will be inactive when you reenter the krypt and you can't pass the door anymore.
- Some gold chests impossible to open in the krypt (the ones that appear for a brief moment of time).
- After losing a match on the Test Your Might tower, and opting to select a new character, the game will lock, not allowing your cursor to move.
- After buttons remapping the movelist not change to reflect the new buttons.
- Gold Scorpion/Cold war skin not showing up even though the code's already been redeemed.
- Button combo 1+2 (for stage interactions) no longer works after 15gb patch on arcade stick.
- Every now and then a character loses the animation sequence for their fatalities. The fatality works and is awarded, but the "dead" character just stands wobbling. The only way to fix this is to restart the game and then that character's fatality works again.
- Kombat Kard - Icon: Noxious IV + 0 per Match Win (as Reptile)
- Lower overall graphics quality after last 15 gb patch (optimizations was quality nerf).
- For some weird reason the resolution option 1980x1920 @60hz is missing. Instead of that I get two times the option 1920x1080 @59hz.
- In the end of Mileena's tasty treat Fatality, her mask appears on her face again on its own. (can be seen especially when using kahnum skin and probably the vampiress as well).
- Game does not remember/save DSR resolution settings after being restarted.
- Optimizations needed. Many users are reporting very poor performance with not so bad game rigs and even with low settings.
- Mime Johnny Cage is impossible to unlock in mobile MKX. Also PC to Mobile unlock is bugged.