Minecraft developer Mojang have released a new Snapshot, 15w43a, that promises some "notable changes" in the game.
Mojang regularly releases snapshots, which add bug fixes and improvements to the game.
Below are the changes brought about in Snapshot 15w43a (Mojang):
- New structure in the world.
- New "loot table" concept, allows you (or custom map creators) to change the loot inside randomly generated chests, or what mobs drop.
- Improved debug menu.
- Increased the amount of strongholds.
- Realigned the ■■■■■■■
- Some bug fixes and bug unfixes.
Guide to get Snapshots:
Open the launcher > press "New Profile" button > Call it "snapshots" > check the box saying "Enable experimental development snapshots" > save
Note: Before running the game, take a back up of your world since Snapshots can corrupt your world or players can also run it on a different folder.
Mojang prepares for Halloween with Mashup pack
Mojang is getting ready to spook up Minecraft for the Halloween with a new Halloween Mashup pack.
The Halloween Mashup pack will consist of the following:
- 43 skins that include skins of Grim Reaper, Bride of Frankenstein, Wicked Witch, Tree Face, Mad Doctor, Swamp Monster, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
- Creepy texture pack for other Minecraft worlds
- Ghostly music
- A spooky world that even has a rollercoaster
Though some of the things can be downloaded for free, the full pack will cost $3.99 for "all console versions".
This pack will be made available on 23 October.
Meanwhile, the post also noted that Pocket Edition or Windows 10 Beta players need not worry as they will also get "something equally special to celebrate Halloween".