In a follow-up of the recent promise from Mojang the developer of Minecraft, who had assured Minecraft Pocket Edition players that it would be rolling out an update "soon," a new announcement from the company affirms the roll-out of the update, but only the beta version.
The company announced on their official website that it was "working on the new Pocket Edition version." It reveled that a beta version 0.11.0 of the update was out. Players must note that the version is still in testing.
The new beta version includes new features, mobs, various bug fixes and other changes. New features include skins, rideable boats, New World edit screen, new kinds of fish, variants of stone brick, death messages. New mobs include squids, spider jockeys, cave spiders, bats and baby zombies and chicken jockeys.
The update tries to make a large number of bug fixes. It also tries to improve that game's multiplayer bandwith, server communication, world loading and more.
However, Mojang warns that before players try out the new update they have to make a back-up of the existing worlds.
Mojang also announced that it has planned to go into maintenance on 14 April, 8am to 12pm CEST (UTC+2).
Below are the steps to follow to if players want to test the new beta version update on Minecraft Pocket Edition:
- Join the Google+ community
- Opt into the Minecraft Pocket Edition Beta
- Android device that can run Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- Minecraft: Pocket Edition Android purchased from Google Play Store.
- Once the app is installed they might have to wait for few days after they join the Beta to get the update.
Players who want to go back to the 0.10.x have to leave the "Google+ group and wait a little while for the game to revert," said Mojang.
Below is the complete list of the change-log that is part of the beta version of the update (Minecraft Pocket Edition Beta):
- Added boats rideable by 2 mobs!
- New World edit screen
- Rename worlds
- Change gamemode
- Lock/unlock day cycle
- Make old worlds infinite
- Fishing and new kinds of fish!
- Added mob effects (poison)
- Added redstone block to store dust
- Added grass path block
- Added text formatting codes
- Stone brick variants: chiseled, cracked and mossy, can now be crafted in survival
- Zombies now drop rotten flesh
- Show server status and message of the day on server entries screen
- Added a hide button to the chat screen
- Death messages
- Spider Jockeys now spawn
- Cave spiders
- Added bats
- Added baby zombies and chicken jockeys
- Fixed the block break feedback circle disappearing on suspend
- Fixed crashes while saving world
- Fixed crashes on armor screen
- Fixed crashes on furnace screen
- Fixed world not being saved
- Fixed MCPE-2084 Pig Zombies catching fire
- Fixed MCPE-7838 Can not create new world
- Fixed MCPE-6472 Getting stuck in the void after dying
- Fixed MCPE-7835 Hotbar duplication glitch
- Fixed MCPE-7872 Action button not being disabled after moving away
- Fixed MCPE-7848, MCPE-7854 Grass/Mycelium does not grow below fences but underwater
- Fixed MCPE-6999 Stone walls connecting to water
- Fixed MCPE-7883 Cocoa tile not updating neighbor blocks when dropped
- Fixed MCPE-6885 Breakable bedrock in survival.
- Fixed MCPE-6853 Placing water replaces non-solid blocks
- Fixed MCPE-6628 Wooden Axe not burning on furnaces
- Fixed MCPE-7888 Different planks no longer stack
- Fixed MCPE-7887 Update neighbors and rendering on random change
- Fixed MCPE-2024 Gravel falling near fences
- Fixed MCPE-671 Destroying Reactor-core does not allow night to end
- Fixes MCPE-5161 Disallow changing name while playing
- Fixed MCPE-5450 Quartz stairs not in stonecutter
- Fixed MCPE-5455 Added duplicated player kick
- Fixed MCPE-7904 Door duplication when placed near a cactus
- Fixed MCPE-7915 Water does not function properly on transparent blocks
- Fixed MCPE-7912 Double plant blocks delete existing blocks
- Fixed MCPE-7864 Entities get ticked twice when riding
- Fixed MCPE-7830 Duplicate items while feeding wolves
- Fixed MCPE-7935 Iron bars can't connect to glass panes
- Fixed MCPE-7050 Fences connecting to fence gates sideways
- Fixed MCPE-7952 Acacia and DarkWood Stairs now burn
- Fixed MCPE-7688 Grass becomes dirt even if sapling can't grow
- Fixed MCPE-6697 Carpets not dropping more than one when stacked.
- Fixed MCPE-5130 Sand/gravel falling when placed on top of torches
- Fixed MCPE-8031 Topmost block having full bright lighting
- Fixed world crash when unknown blocks are present
- Fixed trees growing on the client
- Fixed desert wells and special biomes not generating
- Fixed issue with connecting to local games
- Improved multiplayer bandwidth usage
- Improved client/server communication
- Improved disconnection messages
- Improved text rendering
- Improved world loading
- Faster torch placing (less lag)
- Added shovels in creative mode
- Added server-side checks on games, less craziness!
- Non-fancy render mode now works properly
- Updated inventory icon from a Brick block to a chest
- Limited player names to PC allowed names