Marvel Heroes, the free-to-play MMO from Gazillion Entertainment, will soon receive its biggest update, Asgard - Game Update 2.0. Players will get Loki, the god of mischief, as a playable character along with various new locations, story events, characters and newer items because of the update.
"Marvel Heroes is now taking players to the land of the Norse gods in the game's biggest content update yet," Gazillion Entertainment said in a statement.
"This massive update ushers in a new era for Marvel Heroes players, allowing them to play, for the first time, as the infamous Marvel character and brother of Thor: Loki. In addition to taking control of Loki's sorcerous powers, players will experience new enemies, new items, new crafting recipes, new zones and more," the firm added.
Features in Asgard - Game Update 2.0 (DSOGaming):
- Asgard - This kingdom of god will feature expanded new zones, new supervillains and events which lead players to unlock the Bifrost Bridge to Asgard. The new player hub being included as a part of update is Odin's Palace.
- Playable Villain Loki - The god of mischief is the first playable villain in the game. Loki is well known for sorcery and can use "fire magical blasts, control spires of ice, and create illusions to confuse his foe." He can also transform into a massive Frost Giant and thus gain new powers.
- New Starting Characters - A new set of superheroes can now be selected as expansions have been made with the update allowing players to choose one more superhero from a list of nine unique heroes. It was expanded from the original five heroes.
- More Story Content - The story will continue in Asgard with the inclusion of newer story missions and voiced motion comics.
- New Items - It will include item types like rings. Update 2.0 also adds new item slots in Legendary items.
Marvel Heroes, which was released on 4 June for PC, has 26 of Marvel's legendary superheroes to its credit, like Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America and Spider-Man. Players can swap their characters on the go while on a mission. They can collect loot, eliminate supervillians in various comic book locations. Characters can also be customised with costumes of over 70 years of Marvel history which also includes costumes from Marvel's recent film releases like "Avengers".