Riding high on the success of George Miller's "Mad Max: Fury Road", which saw the popular Mad Max franchise return on the main screen, developer Avalanche Studios and publisher WB Interactive Entertainment released Mad Max -- an open world action-adventure video game.
Though the game received mixed reviews following its release, but was praised for its story, game world design, vehicular combat and progression system.
When it was released, the game developed issues regarding unstable frame rate, texture pop-up and with audio files. These have not deterred fans of the franchise from the game.
Meanwhile, WB Games announced the release of patch 4 for Mad Max, promising fixes to maps, performance, UI, camera, general bug fixes and more.
Patch 4 was released for all the three platforms that the game was released. One new addition for PC was the addition of Steam Controller support and other fixes specific to PC.
WB Games recently asked Mad Max players to send pictures of funny Wasteland moments.
Mad Max was released on 1 September, 2015, for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Below are the full patch notes for patch 4 of Mad Max (WB Games Community):
General Updates for All Platforms:
- Map improvements and fixes.
- Fixed a problem with a draw bridge's winch in Great Watcher.
- Fixed an instance where The Jaw's locks couldn't be destroyed.
- Fixed several issues involving projects in Strongholds
- Improved performance in several locations
- Corrected a couple of annoying softlock issues
- Corrected how Warcriers would suddenly stop doing their job if Max would leave the area and then come back without disposing of them.
- Fixed a camera problem in some instances
- Fixed an instance where Insignias wouldn't be accurately tracked after being destroyed.
- Polish of collision meshes against the certain terrain and objects
- Fixed a couple of persistent UI issues
- Corrected the momentary inability to use Fast Travel after certain Wasteland Missions.
- General bug fixes
Win64 Specific Updates:
- Steam Controller support added to the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Resolution defaulted to a lower setting. Saves should now retain the player selected Resolution.
- Fixed an issue where overall volume remained low after adjusting Volume settings.
- Fixed a problem with the Refresh Rate setting being reset to 24hz with the previous patch. Those settings now correctly persist through updates.
- Fixed a problem with remaining stuck in Jeet's Stronghold after completing the Dinki-Di's mission in some cases.
- Fixed a UI conflict issue for Settings not being saved when selecting an option with the mouse and then using the keyboard to change and confirm the change.
- Implemented a Virtual Keyboard for when accessing WBPlay credentials fields with a controller.
- Implemented a smoother loading screen transition across the screens when using a multiple screens display setup.
- Fixed missing images for certain keyboard functions in the Keymapping Options Menu.
- Corrected instances where the Pause menu would display incorrect control labels when switching between Keyboard+Mouse controls and a Controller.
- Fixed a navigation restriction problem after using Escape to exit certain menu panels.
- Fixed the problem with accessing a Challenge Category once that category was completed.
- Polished controls in the Map screen to avoid having the "Action" control result in placing a Marker in the map.