LG hasn't revealed the release date for its upcoming flagship smartphone, the G4, but several reports have claimed that it would see the light of day either in April or May. There were speculations that the device would be unveiled at the recently concluded Mobile World Congress (MWC 2015) but that didn't happen.
LG Mobile chief Cho Ju-no had revealed that the company would release its next-generation smartphone in the second quarter of 2015 without giving an exact date, but was a clear hint that it would come before June.
Meanwhile, specifications of the device have been leaked and it is expected to come with at least six feature upgrades over its predecessor, the G3.
1) Display: The G3 sports a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 pixels (538 ppi pixel density) and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The G4 is expected to sport either a 5.7 or 5.9-inch display with 2/4K screen resolution.
2) Processor: The G4 is expected to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor while its predecessor has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 clocking at 2.5 GHz.
3) Operating System: The G3 runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat (upgradable to Android 5.0 Lollipop), while its successor is expected to come with Android 5.0 Lollipop.
4) Memory: The upcoming flagship smartphone is expected to come packed with 4GB RAM with microSD card up to 128GB, while its predecessor has 16 GB internal memory for 2 GB RAM variant and 3 GB RAM for 32 GB model with microSD up to 128 GB.
5) Camera: The G3 has a 13 MP main camera with optical image stabilization and 2.1 MP front snapper, while its successor is expected to house a 17MP main camera and 4MP front snapper.
6) Battery: The upcoming next-generation smartphone is expected to house a 3500 mAH battery compared to Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery seen in its predecessor.
Korea Herald (via G4Games) has reported citing a source close to the matter that the LG G4 will feature fingerprint sensors.
"LG Electronics has recently decided to deploy a fingerprint sensor on its next flagship smartphone and the scanner will be placed at the back of the device," an industry source close to the matter told Korea Herald (via G4Games).