Just Cause 3, the newest action-adventure game from developer Avalanche Studios and publisher Square Enix, was released on 1 December for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
The protagonist from Just Cause 2, Rico Rodriquez, comes home to Medici, a fictional island that is currently under the tight control of dictator General Di Ravello, who is eyeing world domination. Ravello's plans must be stopped and who else is better than Rico himself, who had quit The Agency to return home.
This open world game offers players a new Wingsuit, Grappling Hook and several other new things in the game.
Below are some of the tips and tricks that Gamepur shared:
Gameplay tips and tricks guide
- Early on, players will have the opportunity to fast travel but it needs tokens to do it. Players can earn tokens by completing side events.
- Players are recommended to go offline since there are issues on the online mode and they might end up losing the saved games.
- To gather the Supply drops from rebels players need tokens that can be collection in garages in Liberated town.
- Players are able to see areas that have not been liberated or visited by going to the Map and zooming out and taking the cursor to the province that interests them.
- Collectibles are found at places that sport '?' in the Map.
- Players will hear beep as they near a collectible, the frequency will increase when its closer, and there will be white bar with dots will appear.
- Each town will have a different checklist of objectives when players are moving to Liberate a Town. Players can start by shooting down speakers, state, VIP and billboards.
- When liberating a town, players will have to invade Police station and free prisoners.
- One can fast travel freely in any of the liberated provinces.
- To down chopper, players can use the Grappling Hook to tether it to the ground and them charge them with attacks.
- Players can hack into the computer near the gate to let the Rebels in the Police station, but beware of enemy gunfire.
- Finishing Challenges will help players earn gears, which are useful to upgrade the weapons, vehicles and more.
- Players have unlimited C-4 explosives, so do not use caution at this. Upgrade your skills to unlock 4 slot.
- Try to Attach a C4 on a Goat and get ready to see something unique.
- Players must see that they have maximum destruction of objects during Mayhem Challenge; one tip is to destroy large objects first.
- Activate the newly unlocked Skill from the Menu.
- Players have to hit the red circle when doing the Wingsuit challenge to earn 2000 points per circle.
Vehicles and travelling tips and tricks
- Players can store their vehicles in the Garage in the Town. These stored vehicles will be available for delivery at Supply Drop.
- Unlocking specific skill will help players to recognise new vehicles for the garage. If a car is uncollected, players will start hearing a beep and white bar with dots will appear.
- There are some vehicles that cannot be stored in Garage but only in army bases, this can be unlocked by completing missions and unlocking skills.
- Earn new gears by completing the races and unlock new modes which will provide car nitro boosts and more.
- A garage that has not yet been unlocked could feature several unlocked cars, so players need to hang around these garages.
- Discovery of all the 18 shrines blesses the player to have unlimited fast travel.
- In the event of players falling off the water, they can search for boats nearby and use their grappling hook to take it over.
- To boost the parachute with Grappling hook, players must unlock all the Flying Skills, they need to hold L2 and swing.
- Players can explore and travel more thus gain higher changes of finding hidden towns and settlements.
Weapons and combat tips and tricks guide
- Try to Liberate Town by Town and complete all the Challenges of the town in order to earn extra gears that will help players with weapon upgrades and modification.
- Enemies can explode by collision when players use grapple and hook on them when they run out of ammo.
- Hacking SAM turrets before invading a settlement will add to game's strategy, as this will lessen the attack on helicopters.
- Players taking heavy damage during a fight must get out using Grappling Hook
- Using C-4 on a Statue will trigger the police, so players can instead tether sound poles.
- Players will have fresh stock of weapons and grenades at the Police Station.
- The best way to take the Snipers down is to bring the whole Watchtower Down.
- Players must kill the soldier with Grappling hook before he tries to call backup.
- Focus the gunfire on the main objective and not on nearby enemies when liberating a town or outpost.
One player asked, "After maybe 3 or 4 minutes in the game, it crashes. Anyone else have problems with something like this?" to which one replied, "Mine crashes after you load up the game (When Rico is sitting on the chair looking at the explosion in the ocean). Once it cuts from that to the first loading screen my game crashes. I have tried like 10 different times to get it to work."
Many PC players of Just Cause 3 have complained of having issues in AMD card, and a developer from Avalanche Studios has posted that the company is aware of it and it is working to fix it.
"There are some known issues that occur with the most recent official release AMD/ATi graphics card drivers. We're working with AMD to fix the issue via an upcoming driver update - to ensure you don't experience these issues yourself please make sure you are using the latest beta driver available here
64bit - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64"
One Reddit user, life-is-fubar, has suggested a possible fix for the AMD issue. The players can follow the steps below:
- Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound
- Choose your playback device
- Click Properties
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Set the Default Format to 16 bit, 96000 Hz
- Click OK
- Significantly less ridiculous stuttering with the new Crimson beta drivers (Nov 30).