Jimi Hendrix needs no introduction. Friday, 27 November, marks the 73rd birth anniversary of the greatest guitarist of all-time. Not just a guitarist and songwriter, James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix was undoubtedly one of the biggest cultural figures of the 60s and he was indeed a psychedelic "Voodoo Child" of his time, who did all things that are still considered "wrong".
On his 73rd birth anniversary, we decided to compile some of the most inspiring quotes of this legendary guitarist.
- "I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to."
- "The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye...until we meet again"
- "Who are you to judge the life i live...i know i'm not perfect and i don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
- "You have to forget about what other people say, when you're supposed to die, or when you're supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven."
- "With the power of soul, anything is possible."
- "I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes."
- "I used to live in a room full of mirrors; all I could see was me. I take my spirit and I crash my mirrors, now the whole world is here for me to see."
- "Even castles made of sand, fall into the sea, eventually."
- "In order to change the world, you have to get your head together first."
- "It's funny how most people love the dead, once you're dead, you're made for life."
- "When we go to play, you flip around and flash around and everything, and then they're not gonna see nothin' but what their eyes see. Forget about their ears."
- "I will be dead in five years' time, but while I am here, I will travel many highways and I will, of necessity, die at a time when my message of love, peace, and freedom can be shared with people all over the world."
- "When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do."
A legend to live by, Jimi Hendrix still holds a very special place in the hearts of music lovers. What better way to remember the rock guitarist other than tripping on some of his best songs.
1) Wild Thing
2) Hear My Train A Comin
3) If 6 Was 9
4) All Along the Watchtower
5) Purple Haze
6) Hey Joe
7) Voodoo Child
8) Little Wing
9) Burning of the Midnight Lamp
10) The Wind Cries Mary