The much awaited Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone's metal frame has reportedly been leaked in an image, which indicates that the handset will arrive with bigger screen and a sturdier look.
The leaked image is said to be a real proof that all the rumours surrounding the device were true.
Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone will reportedly arrive with a metal interior frame to make the device rigid and hard. This revelation of the interior metallic frame indicates that the S5 might not be a flexible device and is expected to shed its plastic clothing, which has been widely used in the Galaxy smartphones till now.
According to the frame's measurement, which is, 143.8mm (5.6in) tall and 72.2mm (2.8in) wide, the Galaxy S5 is hinted to sport a larger screen than its predecessor, Samsung galaxy S4.
The new metal frame is also slightly longer then S4, which is leaves some room for speculation that the device might also feature a widescreen aspect ratio display, according to Techradar.
Based on the round-shaped slot in the top left corner, it has also been noticed that the front camera might be placed in the top left corner instead of being installed on the right side beside the front speaker, like in S4.
It has been also revealed that Galaxy S5 might be scheduled for a February 2014 release. The upcoming device is expected to include its native Exynos Octa-core 64bit processor along with in-built memory variants of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB, according to Nowhere Else, a French website.
The Images can be viewed here.
What We Know So Far
Based on the past rumours and leaks about the handset, the following information can be derived for the device till now.
- 5.5in Flexible screen, which seems unlikely based on the leaked metal frame image.
- 384GB memory capacity based on a 3D vertical NAND technology, which stacks up 24 16GB chips in layers and 3GB RAM. However, one cannot ignore the French website, mentioned above, which clearly states the device to arrive in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB memory variants.
- Exynos Octa-core 64 bit chipset running Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
- 16 megapixel ISOCELL camera worked upon by both Sony and Samsung.
- Eye-scanning technology.
- Release date might be in February 2014.
For detailed information on the above key features, visit this link.