The much awaited Huawei Honor 8 mid-ranger has now got a launch date in India. The handset is now slated to be launched earlier than expected, on October 12. USP of the Honor 8 is its dual 12MP rear cameras. Now, with the release date of the handset revealed, Huawei loyalists definitely have lots to cheer about as far as purchasing the smartphone is concerned.
Press invites, which are currently going out, have confirmed the Oct.12 launch date of the Huawei Honor 8. Even the key technical specs of the device have surfaced. According to official information, the Huawei Honor 8 will feature the below key hardware aspects:
- 5.2-inch display having resolutions of 1080 x 1920 and pixel density of 423 ppi
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) operating system; out of the box
- Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 950 SoC
- 12 MP dual rear cameras
- 8 MP single front snapper
- 4 GB RAM
- Dual SIM-card slots
- 32/64 GB internal storage variants
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 256 GB
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 3,000 mAh fixed Lithium-Polymer battery
Commercial and retail release date of the Huawei Honor 8 is yet to surface, but these aspects should happen relatively early after the official launch of the smartphone on October12. Once released, the Honor 8 should do well to compete with the likes of similar range devices such as the Xiaomi Mi 5 and the new OnePlus smartphones.