That the new Witcher 3 has a massive open-world, even 30 percent bigger than that in Skyrim, is old news. The latest news is that it comes with plenty of options than just hunting down monsters and creatures, collecting loot and exploring villages.
Now you can snap scenic photos across the world.
jim2point0 is one of those talented ones out there who is not only a devout gamer, but also snaps some of the most beautiful photographs that you will ever come across in a game. And since sharing is the essence of life, the gamer has now put together a Free Camera/Field of View/Time of Day tool that you can use in "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt".
The new tool has been designed to work similarly to a Photo Mode for games such as GTA 5 and "Infamous: Second Son", and is basically a mod that allows you to freely fly around with the camera, modify the Field of View, pause the game and still control the camera, and change the time of the day with the help of hot keys.
Are you interested in making your own collage of photos for the Witcher 3 with the help of this tool? If yes, check out the steps below.
Steps to Install Cheat Engine (If you are new to this)
- Step 1: Download and install Cheat Engine 6.4. This program is perfectly safe to use and you will not be banned for using it.
- Step 2: Double click on the table file (see below). This should launch Cheat Engine.
- Step 3: Launch The Witcher 3 (A windowed mode is preferred when using Cheat Engine since alt-tabbing will not minimize the game.)
- Step 4: Alt-Tab out of the game. In Cheat Engine, click the flashing button in the top left corner. Find "witcher3.exe" and click open. Say yes to keep the address and script list currently in the table.
Full Cheat Engine Table
Free Camera: F1 to toggle on and off
Numpad 2/8 = Y coordinate
Numpad 4/6 = X coordinate
Numpad 3/9 = Z coordinate
Hold ALT for larger movements
Hold CTRL for smaller movements
Field of View (FOV): F2 to toggle on and off
Numpad plus/minus: increase/decrease
Pause Game/Timestop: F3 to toggle pause – This will freeze the game and still allow you to manipulate the camera and change the time of the day.
Note: While active, this script will override the game's default pause behaviour. What that means is that if you pause the game and then go on to the menu, the game will still be paused when you exit the menu (If the game is not paused, alt-tabbing or bringing up the menu will not pause the game). If you want the game to pause when you alt-tab or open the menu, then you should disable the script.
Time of Day: F4 to toggle on and off
- Hold ALT to change in larger increments (1 in-game hour)
- Hold CTRL for smaller increments (1 in-game minute)
For the entire list of HUD changes (it's huge!), check here.