"Horizon Zero Down," the upcoming action role-playing video game from developer Guerrilla Games, received a new trailer that showed how the game's lead, Aloy, a skilled hunter, explores the new world.
The trailer explores the mystery of Aloy's past, and focuses on how she became an outcast. It delves into her journey to uncover the secrets of a civilisation which no longer exists.
The post on the game's YouTube page asked players to "explore a vibrant and lush world inhabited by mysterious mechanised creatures."
The game has a post-apocalyptic setting where the advanced technologies of a bygone era have produced mechanised creatures that roam the forest freely. The game will also unravel mysteries of tribal societies and ancient artifacts.
Guerrilla Games were the creators of the "Killzone" franchise. "Horizon Zero Down's" release has been delayed to Feb. 28, 2017. The game is a PS4 exclusive.
Hermen Hulst, the managing director of Guerrilla Games, noted in a post on the PlayStation blog, "It wasn't an easy choice to make; we know many of you have been anxious to play the game since we first announced it. However, we also want to ensure that Horizon Zero Dawn lives up to the visuals and gameplay quality that our games are known for. The new date affords us the extra time required to deliver fully on our ambitious vision for Horizon Zero Dawn."
Meanwhile, "Horizon Zero Down" video game has a Collector's Edition that is priced at $120 and includes the following features:
- 9â€³ Alloy Statue by Gentle Giant
- Steelbook case containing "Horizon: Zero Dawn" PS4 game
- The Art of Horizon: Zero Dawn 48 page art book
- Exclusive PS4 theme
- Carja Storm Ranger Armor: Fashioned by the proud, ceremonial Carja tribe, this special armor has been crafted with an eye on showy appearance.
- Carja Striker Bow: The Carja defend their great Sundom with stone fortifications and military might. This finely-made bow, fit for a captain's hand, puts additional stopping power behind every arrow fired.
- Carja Trader Pack: Rare and precious Machine parts are always in demand on the metal markets of the Carja Sundom.
- Banuk Trailblazer Armor: A sturdy outfit made by the nomadic Banuk tribe, hunters, and shamans from the harsh northern territories.
- Banuk Culling Bow: The Banuk claim a spiritual understanding of the Machines, and put their harvests of Machine parts to many uses.
- Banuk Traveler Pack: Though rarely encountered, Banuk explorers have left their intricate tribal marks across the breadth of the known world.
- Nora Keeper Pack: The Nora are extraordinarily skilled and inventive at using machine components in their own devices.
- Nora Machine Trapper Pack: Even the most experienced Nora hunter never goes into the wild unprepared.