The Bachchan couple, Abhishek and Aishwarya Rai, complete eight years of togetherness on 20 April. This is the day that they tied the knot eight years ago in 2007. Reportedly, due to their packed schedule and shoots, the pair will have a quiet celebration with just friends and family this year.
Abhishek and Aishwarya have been the most perfect couple in Bollywood, both on-screen and off it. The couple has worked together in films like "Guru", "Kuch Na Kaho," "Umrao Jaan", "Raavan" and many others.
Here are few lesser-known facts about the best couple:
- During the shooting of "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna" Abhishek Bachchan had to cry for a particular scene and he broke down so badly that director Karan Johar got emotional too. Micky Contractor took him on a long drive and that is when he confessed his love for Aishwarya Rai.
- The Bachchan boy fell in love with the most beautiful woman during the shooting of "Guru". He used to dream of marrying Aishwarya Rai while sky-gazing in his hotel balcony of New York where he went for a shoot. He finally decided to make his dream come true by proposing to her in the same balcony while they were there for the premiere of "Guru".
- Like most wives, former Miss World too loves to cook for her loving husband.
- Interestingly, Bollywood's one of the leading actresses Aishwarya consults with Abhishek regarding films. It was he who suggested the diva to take up "Jazbaa".
- The "Guru" actor, once, said, "I am used to people whistling at my wife... see my wife then you will know why I am saying this. I have never whistled at her to woo her... I don't think it's the right thing to do. I courted her through my gesture, emotions and words." To which a blushing Aishwarya interjected, "This is why I am married to him."
Check out the above slideshow of the beautiful couple.
- Aishwarya and Abhishek Bachchan to Have Quiet 8th Wedding Anniversary Celebration?
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Steals the Show in White Anarkali and Kotwara Sari [PHOTOS]
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Sonam Kapoor to Attend Cannes Film Festival 2015; Will Katrina Kaif Join?
- Kunal Kapoor-Naina Bachchan's Wedding Reception: Aishwarya, Abhishek, Jaya, Hrithik, Priyanka Gandhi and Others Attend [PHOTOS]
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo': Salman Khan Recreates Aishwarya Rai's 'Aankhon Ki Gustakhiyan' Moment with Sonam Kapoor [PHOTOS]