Bollywood actress Yami Gautam is celebrating her 27th birthday on 28 November.
The actress came into the limelight with her terrific performance in her debut flick "Vicky Donor." In the Shoojit Sircar directorial, she starred opposite Ayushmann Khurrana and played the character of a Bengali girl.
Later, she also appeared in Hindi films including "Total Siyappa", "Action Jackson" and "Badlapur."
Let's take a look at Yami Gautam's lesser known facts:
- Like Shah Rukh Khan, Sushant Singh Rajput, Yami also started her acting career from television. She worked in TV serials like "Chand Ke Paar Chalo", "Raajkumar Aaryyan" and "Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam".
- The actress has worked in six different language films -- Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, Kannada, Malayalam.
- She had aspired to join Indian Administrative Services (IAS) as a young girl, but at the age of 20, Yami decided to start her acting career.
- She was pursuing Studies in Law Honors (first-year PU Student of the Law), but she left academics for acting.
- Yami's father, Mukesh Gautam, is a Punjabi film director and sister Surillie made her debut on the big screen with "Power Cut" opposite Jaspal Bhatti's son, Jasraj.
- Yami is half pahari and half Punjabi.