A new CyanideL custom ROM version has been released for LG's 2012 flagship smartphone Google Nexus 4.
It is based on the latest AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 5.1.1 Lollipop OS and brings new features, apart from a slew of short-cuts and custom options to the existing Settings feature to enhance user experience on the Google Nexus 4.
Salient features of CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
- Nova launcher
- FULL Ambient Display Implementation as Active Display from KK (via Squadzone and OmniRom
- Custom Lockscreen Circle now with up to 10
- Gesture Anywhere
- Privacy guard
- Priority notifications
- Battery save custom color
- WhisperPush support
- CyanogenMod Theme Engine
- SlimPIE controls
- Exclusive Cyanide shortcuts/Actions
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM):
- The new CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM has to be installed on the LG-Google Nexus 4 (aka Mako) only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure to have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your phone (Google Nexus 4) smartphone will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of the smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted midway.
- Though installing custom ROM improve the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step procedure to install CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on LG-Google Nexus 4:
Step 2: Connect LG-Google Nexus 4 (aka Mako) to PC via USB chord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, make sure you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Place Android v5.1 Lollipop ROM zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's memory.
[Note: Before users begin installing the custom software, make sure the device is already rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP].
Step 4: Turn-off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Perform the regular 'Bootloader Mode' sortie by press holding 'Volume up', 'Volume down' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the 'Bootloader mode,' go to the ClockworkMod Recovery mode, then clear phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: Use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode].
Step 7: Clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition.'
Step 8: Go back to the ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that users will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to the main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card.'
Step 10: Tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM .zip file in the SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure for installing Google Apps. [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now your device (LG-Google Nexus 4) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users can then head to Settings >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]