The year 2013 had been a mixed year for Bollywood in terms of box office numbers. Several big-budget films were released this year but only few did well in terms of numbers.
More than 115 films hit screens till 6 December, and out of those, only handful of films did well.
Here is the list of top 10 films (in random order) which were expected to do well but were declared a disaster:
1. Zanjeer: The film is a remake of classic old film of the same name. The action drama featuring Priyanka Chopra, Ram Charan Teja, Prakash Raj and Sanjay Dutt in main roles had opened to dull response. The opening weekend collection was pitiable and before finishing the first week it was out of the theater in several circuits in India.
2. Besharam: The film action comedy film "Besharam" features Ranbir Kapoor, Pallavi Sharda, Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh in the important roles. There were huge expectations from the film as it features the Kapoor together. Also it was Ranbir's second film after blockbuster hit film "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" but the film fell flat within days of its release.
3. Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai Dobaara: The film was riding high on promotions, but unfortunately it had joined the list with other flop films. Starring Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha and Imran Khan "OUATIMD" had opened to good response but it stumbled at the box office on the next day. The collection of the film was so low that the makers were not able to earn even the production cost.
4. Himmatwala: Sajid Khan's directorial was one of the most-hyped films of the year. Before the release of the film Sajid claimed that his flick will be first blockbuster film of the year, but alas it was the first epic disaster film of the year. Audiences even took to Twitter and made fun of the film, the director and the actors.
5. Boss: Akshay was in much need for a hit after his previous film "OUATIMD" bombed at the box office, but even "Boss" followed the same route. The film delivered poor performance in its first week and by the end of second week the film was almost out of shows in theaters.
6. Zilla Ghaziabad: A political action thriller film was declared a disaster upon its release. The film had featured big casts like Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Vivek Oberoi, Ravi Kishan and Paresh Rawal among others.
7. I, Me Aur Main: Romantic drama film "I, Me Aur Main" had sunk faster than Titanic. The film opened to not so good collections, failed to pick up in the course of theatrical run and eventually died at the box office joining the list of other flop films of the year.
8. Aurangzeb: Bollywood action thriller film, "Aurangzeb" was the remake of 1978 blockbuster hit film "Trishul". The pre-release promotions and hype failed to create wonders at box office.
9. Ghanchakkar: The film opened with mixed to negative reviews from critics but it did not work at the box office. The film was one of the films expected to do well as it marked Vidya's comedy debut, but the lead pair failed to impress the critics as well as audiences.
10. Nasha: Poonam Pandey's much anticipated film failed to create the magic on silver screen which she usually creates on Twitter. The pre-release hype created a lot of buzz, but unexpectedly the hype failed to gained audience's attention to the theaters.