A Chibok girl, who was among the over 200 girls kidnapped by the Boko Haram militants in Nigeria, was found to have been abandoned by the militants.
Local reports claim that the Boko Haram militants "threw the girl out of a truck as she was severely 'ill'". The 20 year old girl is reportedly four months pregnant.
"She was found running in a village. She was in the bush for about four days. She's still receiving medical attention," said a parent, who has two girls with the insurgents, reported Reuters.
The rescued Chibok girl is reportedly undergoing treatment in the northeastern city of Yola.
Boko Haram militants kidnapped over 200 girls from a secondary school from Chibok village near the Cameroon border in April. The incident sparked a worldwide outcry, and on Twitter the hashtag BringBackOurGirls saw an overwhelming support.
Even Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan was criticized widely both in the country and outside, but even after the international outcry, majority of over 200 Chibok girls still remain missing.
Police spokesman Emmanuel Ojukwu told reporters in Abuja that the 20-year-old woman was discovered on Wednesday, in Mubi in Adamawa state, some 100 km (60 miles) from Chibok.
"Her condition is stable," he said, without explaining why she might have been released.
Local Nigerian daily This Day identified the girl as Susan Ishaya and the report noted that the girl was found to be four months pregnant. Chairman of the Chibok community in Abuja, Tsambido Hosea Abana, confirmed to the daily that the girl was pregnant and had been mercilessly raped on several occasions.
The daily noted that the 20-year old girl's body bore signs of brutal physical abuse that has left her psychologically and physically traumatized.
Earlier this week reports had emerged that several Chibok girls have been found by the Nigerian military.
A BBC report, however, later said that the Army retracted its statement that some of the schoolgirls abducted from Chibok town in April by Islamist militants had been freed.