Fallout 4, perhaps this year's most popular video game, gets a new update, 1.2, for the PC version of the game.
Bethesda has detailed that his new update will add a couple of new features to the game's PC version, especially in the remapping aspect of the game, and also bring several fixes and improvements.
The company also revealed it is working on a similar update for PS4 and Xbox One. This is likely to be released sometime this week.
Here are the patch notes for Fallout 4's update 1.2 (Steam):
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
- During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)
Meanwhile, PC Gamer (via Nexus Mods forum thread) has reported that the new update has broken support for mods. It further says the new launcher that comes with the update "disables mods on startup, and the .INI edit that previously got around this limitation no longer works".
It even suggested a fix for this: Launch the Nexus Mod Manager > Launch Fallout 4 > Switch to NMM > Re-enable mods > Go back to Fallout 4.