Fallout 4 made a grand entry into the PC and consoles worldwide on 10 November, 2015. This was a game that new and old fans had been waiting for for a long time and now, we finally have it.
Though before its release, the game was leaked online; but it has not deterred anyone from playing the game and seeing for themselves what Bethesda has developed. The game is set in a post-apocalyptic Boston.
Fallout 4 for the first time allows us to have a female protagonist. The game is an open-world one with a SPECIAL (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck) stat attached to the characters, in order to level up in-game.
Below are some of the tips, tricks, cheats and error guides that might help Fallout 4 to gear up for the game and play it easy:
NOTE: These tips, tricks and guide could contain Spoilers. Caution advised.
Free SPECIAL points
Early in the game, Fallout 4 players will be able to grab some free SPECIAL points, courtesy Reddit user Jampine.
"When you get to your house, check Shaun's room, on the floor you'll find the baby book from fallout 3, which gives you a free SPECIAL point!"
Easy guide to level up from level 2 to level 8, earn 14000 XP
Here is an easy guide that will help Fallout 4 players to level up from level 2 to level 8 and earn 14000 XP, thanks to Reddit user Sarquon for the share:
Get to the first settlement (workstation), it's just outside the vault.
Scrap everything you find, except the crafting stations. Maybe keep a TV/radio.
Find a blank wall (like outside of houses).
Via the crafting system place as many steel "signs" as you can, they overlap so just do it in one location. +4XP per sign.
Repeat with wooden "pictures", again +4xp per one, but don't overlap so well so take up more space.
Once you are all out of steel and wood go back and scrap all those signs and pictures.
Now you have enough to build a settlement if you want to.
Guide to be a proud cannibal in Fallout 4
Though Fallout 4 offers its players to be cannibal, it is not the easiest. Players will be able to not only eat people of different races in-game but also some of the monsters.
A player will need what is called the "cuts of meat", namely Sweet Breads (Kidneys), Shank (Calfs), Ribs, Gummies (Ears) and Liver. But to start being a cannibal, the player will need the below SPECIAL stats:
- Strength- 2
- Perception- 1
- Endurance- 8
- Charisma- 9
- Intelligence- 3
- Agility- 4
- Luck- 1
Firstly, a player will have to get Charisma to 10, this unlocks Indimation perk; Strengths must be brought to 3 for Blacksmith melee weapon modifications.
Next, they can get the following perks (need not be in the order given): Blacksmith, Pickpocket, Aquaboy, Cannibal, Local Leader, Party Boy, Wasteland Whisperer, Intimation, Medic, Sneak and Mr. Sandman.
Below are the weapons that are suited for the cannibalism: Ripper, Butcher Clever and Kitchen Knife. But players might also prefer Power Fist, Brass or Spiked Knuckles, Bare Fists.
Guide to get item ID Codes in-game
The players on the PC version of Fallout 4 will be easily able to get item ID Codes in-game. They have to follow the steps given below:
- Go and get the name of the wanted item, on you in-game Pip-Boy.
- Open the console with "~" key and type "help insertnameofitem 4." Here, "insertnameofitem 4" is a placeholder for the wanted item. E.g. type "help 10mm 4" for the classic 10mm Rounds.
- Now test if the code is proper, take a look at the left side of the item ID. The result must show in two steps. It will be stating if it is a STAT/WEAP/AMMO and players have to make the choice.
- Following the selections of the right item, based on the code that a player has in his/her consoles, now use the command to get the item for yourself. E.g. If a player wants 10mm rounds, they will be getting the code 0001F276. They should use the command -player.additem 0001F276 500. This will give them with 10mm Ammo with 500 rounds.
List of Legendary weapons, armours and their effects
In Fallout 4, if the players have to defeat legendary enemies, then they need to have access to legendary weapon. Each of the legendary weapons will have its own special effect. Each effect will have a certain percentage of effects.
Below is a guide for the list of legendary weapons, armours and their effects:
Legendary Weapons Effects
- Assassin's - Effect: 50% more damage against humans
- Automatic - Effect: Automatic fire mode
- Berserker's - Effect: More damage the lower your damage resistance is
- Bloodied - Effect: More damage the lower your health is
- Cavalier's - Effect: 15% less damage while blocking or sprinting
- Crippling - Effect: 50% more limb damage
- Enraging - Effect: Critical hits cause target to frenzy
- Explosive - Effect: Bullets explode on impact doing 15 area effect damage
- Exterminator's - Effect: 50% more damage against Mirelurks and bugs.
- Freezing - Effect: 10 points cryo damage and will freeze targets on critical hits
- Furious - Effect: Damage increase after each hit on same target
- Ghoul Slayer's - Effect: 50% more damage against Ghouls
- Hunter's - Effect: 50% more damage against animals
- Incendiary Effect: Sets target on fire for 15 points of damage
- Instigating - Effect: 2x damage if the target is at full health
- Irradiated - Effect: 50 points additional radiation damage
- Junkie's - Effect: Damage increase more withdrawal affects you are suffering
- Kneecapper - Effect: 20% chance to cripple the target's leg
- Lucky Weapon - Effect: Critical shots do double damage and the critical meter fills 15% faster
- Medic's - Effect: Heals targets instead of hurting them
- Mutant Slayer's - Effect: 50% more damage against Super Mutants
- Never Ending - Effect: Unlimited ammo capacity
- Nimble - Effect: 75% faster movement while aiming
- Nocturnal - Effect: Does increasing amounts of damage as the night grows longer and less damage during the day
- Penetrating - Effect: Ignores 30% of the target's damage and energy resistance
- Plasma Infused - Effect: Adds 10 points of energy damage and can turn enemies into goo
- Poisoner's - Effect: Target is poisoned for 10 seconds
- Powerful - Effect: Provides 25% more damage
- Quickdraw - Effect: Costs 25% fewer Action Points
- Rapid - Effect: Provides 25% faster fire rate, 15% faster reload
- Relentless - Effect: Refills your Action Points on a critical hit
- Sentinel's - Effect: 15% less damage while standing and not moving
- Staggering - Effect: Chance to stagger on hit
- Stalker's - Effect: If you are not yet in combat, increases VATS accuracy but costs more AP
- Troubleshooter's - Effect: Does 50% more damage against robots.
- Two Shot - Effect: Shoots an additional projectile
- VATS Enhanced - Effect: Improved VATS hit chance, 25% less Action Point cost
- VATS Enhanced - Effect: 40% less Action Point cost
- Violent - Effect: Deals +25% damage and limb damage, but has more recoil
- Wounding - Effect: Targets bleed for 25 points of additional damage
Legendary Shield Effects
- Cunning - Effect: Agility +1, Perception +1
- V.A.T.S. Enhanced - Effect: 10% reduction in Action Point costs in V.A.T.S.
- Powered - Effect: Increases Action Point refresh speed
- Chameleon - Effect: Hard to detect while sneaking and not moving
- Sharp - Effect: Charisma +1, Intelligence +1
- Duelist's - Effect: 10% chance to disarm melee attacker on hit
- Freefall - Effect: No falling damage
- Cavalier's - Effect: 15% reduces damage while blocking or sprinting
- Titan's - Effect: 15 % reduces damage while standing and not moving
- Hunter's - Effect: 15% reduces damage from animals
- Exterminator's - Effect: 15% reduces damage from Mirelurks and bugs
- Ghoul Slayer's - Effect: 15% reduces damage from Ghouls
- Assassin's - Effect: 15% reduces damage from humans
- Troubleshooter's - Effect: 15% reduces damage from robots
- Mutant Slayer's - Effect: 15% reduces damage from Super Mutants
- Acrobat's - Effect: 50% reduces damage from falling
- Safecracker's - Effect: Increases size of sweet spot while picking locks.
- Martyr's - Effect: Temporarily slows time during combat when you are at 20% or less Health
- Lucky - Effect: Luck +2.
- Herbalist's - Effect: +25 poison resistance
- Punishing - Effect: Reflects 10% of melee damage back on attacker
- Bolstering - Effect: Grants increasing energy and damage resistance the lower your Health (up to +35)
- Sprinter's - Effect: Increases wearer's movement speed by 15%
- Fortifying - Effect: Strength +1, Endurance +1
- Low Weight - Effect: Low carry weight
- Almost Unbreakable - Effect: Quadruples durability
Guide to unique and exceptional weapons locations and their effects in Fallout 4
Bethesda has spiced up Fallout 4 with some unique and exceptional weapons that will enhance the shooting experience of a player.
Below is a list of these weapons and its effects:
Automatic Laser Musket (Laser Musket): The players will get this weapon during the final assault at the start of The Minutemen Quest: The Nuclear Option. This weapon has automatic fire.
Ashmaker: If players side with Fahrenheit at the end of "The Big Dig" side quest, they get this as a reward. This will help to set the targets on fire.
AX90 Fury (Plasma Gun): This can be bought at Teagan's (The Prydwen). This will give 50% more damage when facing Super Mutants.
Big Boy (Fat Man): To be bought at Arturo's (Diamond City) for an additional projectile.
Big Jim (Pipe wrench): It will be lying in Walden Pond. Gives its owners a 20% chance to cripple the target's leg.
Broadsider: A free reward for completion of Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution side quest. This has no effects.
Deathclaw Gauntlet: A free reward for completion The Devil's Due side quest. This has no effects.
Deliverer: A free reward for completion Tradecraft Railroad quest. This has no effects.
Death from Above (Missile Launcher): This is sold by Proctor Teagan after reaching the rank of Paladin. It enables 75% faster movements when taking aim.
Experiment 18-A (Plasma gun): This can be bought at Institute Requisitions (The Institute). Effects include 15% faster reload and 25% faster fire rate.
Eddie's Peace (.44): This is found during the side quest Long Time Coming (Detective Case Files), effects extra damage to the limb.
Furious Power Fist: A reward for removing the thread of Swan in Boston Common. Increases damage after each consecutive hit on the same target.
Final Judgment (Laser Gatling gun):Players must steal it from Elder Maxson. They will have two chances - during the Institute Quest: Airship Down or The Railroad Quest: Precipice of Wars. This will increase fire rate by 25% and reload rate by 15%.
Good Intentions (laser gun): This weapon is carried by Gunner leader Clint on the elevated freeway camp. Its effects include targets getting critical hits and making them go frenzy.
Grognak's Axe: Found in the display case within Hubris Comics, causes stagger and bleed damage.
General Chao's Revenge (Sword): This sword can be bought at Trudy's (Drumlin Diner) and have 50% more damage against robots.
Homing Beacon (Grenade): A reward for the completion of Side Quest: Here There Be Monsters. It can call down a missile strike from Zao's sub.
HalluciGen Gas Grenade: Can be built using the materials in basement laboratory of HalluciGen, Inc. Causes targets to go frenzy.
Institute Beacon (Grenade): A reward for the completion of The Institute Quest: Airship Down. It spawns Synths at beacon's location.
Justice (Shotgun): Can be bought at Penny's (Covenant), staggers targets on a hit.
Junk Jet: One can get it in ArcJet Systems. It can be collected during or Brotherhood of Steel Quest: Call to Arms.
Kellogg's Pistol: It can be collected during Main Quest: Reunions. Refills Action Points on a Critical Hit.
Lorenzo's Artifact (Gamma gun): A reward for the completion of Cabot House. Allows use of telekinesis to push targets away.
Les Fusil Teribles (Shotgun): Found in the Captain's cabin in Libertalia. Effects include more recoil, +25% damage and limb damage.
Old Faithful (Laser gun): Must be bought from Arturo at Diamond City. Deals double damage if target has full health.
Pickman's Blade: A reward for siding with Pickman. It increases damage from sneak attacks and makes targets bleed.
Prototype PA77 (Laser gun): Found in a locked safe (Master) inside inside the University Credit Union. It has infinite clip size.
Partystarter (Missile Launcher): Can be bought at KL-E-O's (Goodneighbor). Deals 50% more damage against humans.
Railway Rifle: A free reward for completion of The Railroad Quest: Underground Undercover. This has no effects.
Rockville Slugger: Can be bought at Moe, Diamond City. It has 40% less Action Point.
Reckoning (ripper): Can be bought at level 4 workshop merchant. Deals 15% less damage while standing.
Reba II (Hunting Rifle): A reward from Barney if players help him in completing the miscellaneous quest Barney Rook. Deals 50% damage against Mirelurks and bugs.
Righteous Authority (Laser gun): A reward for the completion of the quest Call to Arms coming from the Brotherood. It deals double damage with critical shots and fills the critical meter 15% faster.
Spray 'n' Spray (Submachine gun): Can be bought at Cricket's (caravan trader). This is a weapon with bullets that will explode on impact with 15 points area effect damage.
Survivor's Special (Laser gun): Kill Paladin Brandis or get it as a reward if you convince him to rejoin the Brotherhood in the quest The Lost Patrol. It can deal more damage if you are at lower health.
Sentinel's Plasmacaster (Plasma gun): After your reach the rank of Sentinel, Proctor Teagan will sell this rifle. It doubles damage if the target is at full health.
Shem Drowned's Sword: A free reward for the completion of the side quest The Guilded Grasshopper in the Detective Case Files. It deals radiation damage
Shishkebab: Found in the Blast Furnace, carried by Slag. It has no effects.
Tinker Tom Special (Hunting rifle): Can be bought by Tinker Tom (Railroad HQ). It increases VATS accuracy.
The Last Minute (Gauss rifle): Can be bought at the level 4 workshop merchant. It deals 50% more limb damage.
The Gainer: This weapon is accessible if players solve he Vitale Pumphouse number puzzle. It sets targets on fire for 15 damage points.
Virgil's Rifle (Institute Laser rifle): This weapon can either be stolen from Virgil or after you have killed him. It deals 50% more damage against super mutants.
Wastelander's Friend: Can be bought at Deb's at Bunker Hill, it deals 50% more limb damage.
Wazer Wifle (Laser gun): A reward for the completion of Shaun's three quests after the Main and Faction quests. It has unlimited ammo capacity.
2076 World Series Baseball Bat: A reward under Jamaic Plain City Hall, it can be sold to Moe Cronin, gives good in-game money. It sends targets to fly off.
Launch Day issues on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
Below are the various issues on PC, PS4 and Xbox One version of Fallout 4:
Fallout 4 PC launch issues:
- Can't save in Windows 10 - documents folder may be set to read only, and only running as administrator will allow saving
- CRASH ON STARTUP no fixes yet: these temporary fixes are also not working Restarting, Borderless mode, Applying 1.1.30 update, compatibility mode.
- Nvidia cards seem to crash on startup, may be related to general startup crash bug. Possible fix Uninstall the drivers. Restart system and reinstall drivers.
- GeForce problems
- Issue running in specific resolutions. Possible fixes: Try reinstalling drivers for your GPU. You can also right click Fallout, properties, betas tab, 1.1.30 beta update. You can also try AMD catalyst control and telling it recognises Fallout 4 as a 3d program (if you have an AMD GPU)
- Unpacking takes exceedingly long time, six plus hours.
- Physical Disc only contains 5GB of 25GB
- CPU overheating
- Cannot decrease graphics below medium
- Mouse and keyboard not working (solution: close game, physically disconnect kb/m, reconnect, relaunch Second fix: If the game seems to be ignoring your mouse/keyboard input completely, go to DocumentsMy GamesFallout4 and edit Fallout4Prefs.ini and change bGamepadEnable=1 to 0.
- No visible terminal or pip-boy screens
- Another audio bug: no music, but voices alright, or vice-versa
- Game opens to black and then just closes
- Compatibility mode for Windows 7 worked, but still there is crashing at the character creator.
- Game crashes right on startup. I get to the 'Please Stand By' screen then it closes.
Fallout 4 launch issues on Xbox One:
- Subtitles not working
- Installation time exceeding two hours
- Stuck on wait screen (solution: restart xbox, check file size, if <1Gb, manage game and Uninstall then reinstall)
Fallout 4 launch issues on PlayStation 4:
- Installion failing, CD read error:
Other glitches in Fallout 4:
- Flying animals
Fix for Fallout 4 getting stuck on Terminals bug
Below is a fix for getting stuck on Terminals bug (Gamepur):
Go to your Fallout Directory i.e. C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonFallout 4Fallout4 and edit the file Fallout4Prefs, you have to make changes to the following parameters: iPresentInterval=1 to iPresentInterval=0.
Also, going to "Options" and Selecting Windowed and Borderless mode (WINDOW MODE + BORDERLESS) fixes this issue.
Guide to fix mouse lag issue
How to fix mouse lag in Fallout 4 (Gamepur):
Go to C:UsersyourusernameDocumentsMy GamesFallout4. Open Fallout4Prefs.ini and then change the following parameters:
To be sure, you should also change the iPresentInterval in Fallout4.ini.
Fallout 4 mouse lag fix for Nvidia Graphics Card users:
Go to your Desktop, right click the Nvidia Logo at the lower Right of your Desktop. Choose "System Settings" or whatever it is in your Language. Now go to "3D Settings" and Add Fallout.exe to your Programs.
- There change "Triple Buffer" to ON.
- "Max frames render ahead" to 1.
- And finally "V-Sync" on.